Friday, January 19, 2007

Maintaining the Status Quo

So, nothing really new is going on around here. I feel like I should blog something, but nobody has said or done anything extraordinarily funny or exciting. We're just all here maintaining the status quo. We are a bit homebound now that our van, whom we have grown to love like a member of the family (we even named him Cletus a while back) has died and we only have one car. Princess is back in preschool and loves it. Baby loves his swing, and consequently so do I. He also has been honing his latest skill, rolling over, and also is enjoying a game of peek a boo every now and then. Coach has started his Master's classes again, both of which got cancelled this week because of the weather. And me, I'm just here. I am getting really good at various domestic skills, I even made my own hamburger buns the other day because I wanted hamburgers for dinner and I didn't have a car to go get the buns to go with them. Needless to say, our non-ability to go somehwere has provided hours of quality kid time. We've put together all of Princess's 15 puzzles (the equivalent of 689 pieces of puzzle) several times, and had a grand old time just the three of us (and sometimes four, when Coach is not at scouts, school, or basketball). Anyway, that's about it around here. Maintaining the status quo isn't so bad.


He's so happy, he can now get himself out of that annoying tummy position his mommy is always putting him in.


Me and Princess, wasting the day away


This is the swing we all love so much... and Princess is turning into a good big sister (notice I said turning into... this good big sister thing did not come as a natural ability, but she is getting much better).


Coach and Princess doing a United States puzzle. A little known fact about Coach is that he actually majored in Geography teaching, so we have a lot of map related things around our house.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is already rolling over? What an advanced baby you have! Cute pictures.

Anonymous said...

So it wasn't just a mishap when he rolled over before...hooray!! A milestone...way to go Andrew!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

i knew that puzzle would be a good investment for her! alright! i love you guys!

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute. I like to think that there are women out there who have fun with their kids while they stay at home and play, it makes me happy.

Anonymous said...

please don't ever make your own hamburger buns again without calling me first. that just seems like too much work. i will go to the store and buy you some, or you can use my car and make a trip to wally world. i do owe you a lot since you helped me through my no car times! i can't believe andrew is rolling over! he is looking so old in those pictures. no more newborn face. isn't it crazy how time flies.

Anonymous said...

Andrew is getting so big! That's the best smile I've ever seen him do too! You should call me when you need break from quality kid time and we can have quality sister chat time. :) Winter is seeming very bleak here and I sometimes feel as though I'm going crazy in this COLD weather.