Fun Weekend, Again!
We had a really fun weekend last weekend when Coach's brother Mike, and his family came from Dallas and we went to the Blue Bell Ice Cream Factory and Battleship Texas. I've been to Blue Bell but Coach and Princess and Baby Brother never have. Well, for the price of a scoop or two of ice cream, you get to see how the famous ice cream is made, and then you get to eat ice cream at the end. Our original plan was to tour the factory and then take some pictures in the Bluebonnets nearby, because the wildflowers are out in full force. Unfortunately, hindsight is 20 20 and I didn't realize the very real possibility of Princess enjoying her ice cream all the way down the front of her shirt and skirt. This of course happened, and so pictures in the bluebonnets went out the window, but don't despair, we got plenty pictures of her covered in ice cream. But we had a great time, (who wouldn't, eating ice cream) and then we had a picnic lunch at a nearby park in Brenham. As far as my ice cream loving heart is concerned, you can't go wrong in touring an ice cream factory, and even though I've seen it twice before, I still have that happy ice cream euphoria feeling come over me when I watch it go down the production line.
The next day was Battleship Texas, which I unfortunately couldn't attend because I was at the bookstore, working. But Coach, Princess and Baby Brother had a grand time with the cousins at the huge battleship. It's really quite a marvel.
So this picture below is what I like to call, Big Guns 1 and Big Guns 2. It makes me laugh.
This one also makes me laugh: Princess sitting prim and proper atop two huge missiles. And also, Coach made sure Baby Brother made most pictures, even if it was in his stroller.
Boys love battleships. How can you not smile at this picture?
Princess, about to pop one off on the huge guns atop the battelship. I really have no idea about battleships, but I guess you don't have to have a thorough understanding of them to appreciate the power of a huge gun.
All in all, the three of them had an enjoyable time, minus when they had to leave the stroller on the main deck while they went under and then it poured, so Baby had to ride home in a wet seat. But after touring Battleship Texas, the little shipmates were tired, and Princess and Baby Brother fell asleep in the car, despite less than ideal conditions.
They had in mind to visit the San Jacinto Monument, but they had to just wave to it in the car on the way home. San Jacinto will just have to wait until our next fun filled excursion.
3 comments:
i'm proud of chad for taking the kids on such a fun adventure. i still want to go to blue bell one day. oh how i love ice cream, too!
Hey! We have the same blanket! That little guy has an adorable smile! I can't wait to see the two of them together- we'll have to get lots of pics!
Looks like they had a blast. I'm going to have to go to the Blue Bell factory some day. That's right up my alley.
i love all of these big smiles
Post a Comment