New Walls
Due to several inquiries, here are the pictures of our new walls, which are Brown Teepee and Burnt Almond now, rather than Super Boring And Thin Coated White like they were. We've been meaning to paint for a while now, and we're glad we did it, and especially glad we used this little painter's best friend, a Shurline. No need to tape, it saved SOO much time. It was a pain to do all the front living areas of the house, it took 9 hours, but now it is done and our house is so homey looking and cozy now. It's amazing what paint will do for the look of a house. The next project, which I think I will be tackling alone, is the kitchen, in which I am trying to channel some European vibes and I am going to try to do the walls in a decorative paint job called Bellagio Faux. We will see how that turns out, see if it is as easy as it looks. After that, we'll move on to our bedroom and bathroom, but that will be a ways away. After we finished our Brown Teepee and Burnt Almond, I didn't care if we didn't paint again for another three years. But we are happy with the end result.
I especially like the way the paint makes our mantle look now.
You can see the boring white on the left hand side, and Brown Teepee on the right.
5 comments:
That looks really good! After painting Heidi's room, (which, I still haven't finished...the doors are still beige and off their hinges, sitting down in the basement...) I'm pretty sure I won't be painting anything else for awhile. At least never painting an entire room and trim while nine months pregnant...
Looks great! That's about the color I want for my house, with the exception of bold accent walls. I just did our office in red, and am taking a break for a while, even though I love painting. It makes a huge difference though!
it really looks so good. you can thank rainie for the shurline tip. she passed that one onto us and i'll happily pass it on to all i come in contact with. it really is a great tool.
that looks so good! yeah! p.s. my word verification for making this comment is: rwnpfbbi which i decided would sound pretty funny if it were a real word.
I love the house. Your mantle is decorated so perfect. Can you come decorate mine? I always love painting and then after I finish I feel like never doing it again. However that feeling only takes a few weeks to go away before I have the itch again.
Post a Comment