happy happy happy
May is a happy month for us. First, Coach's birthday, then a week later, our anniversary, and then next, mother's day. So today, at the apex of our celebrations, we're on happy overload.
We already covered Coach's birthday, so here's the breakdown on this weekend's happy fun:
Our anniversary was fun, we went to an Astros game and sat in great seats and ate a lot of food. I downed all but about two bites of my super star dog, which is a personal best. The Astros game is becoming an anniversary tradition, as we did it last year, and I hope we do it again next year. We have a mutual love for baseball, and watching baseball together is something we have always enjoyed. One of our first dates was to a baseball game, but it was in Dallas. Here's a little comparison:.jpg)
We're both a little older now, seven years has passed since that first baseball game, and I feel like I should say something a little cliche here, like, we love each other now more than ever, or something like that. I like this poem by Carol Lynn Pearson, which is funny and true:
Cliché
I hated clichés
Until I fell in love.
But now I see they're true,
All true.
For I want to love you,
My love,
At the earliest possible opportunity,
Up one side and down the other.
I want to love you
Until I'm blue in the face.
I want to love you
In no uncertain terms,
Bag and baggage,
Whole hog,
Warp and woof,
Kit and caboodle,
Tooth and nail,
Hammer and tongs,
Root and branch,
Lock, stock and barrel,
From pillar to post,
Let the chips fall where they may.
And let me say, my love,
That when all has been
Said and done--
I want to love you
In every way, shape and form,
First, last and always,
Until the cows come home.
So, now, here's a little photo montage, dedicated to Coach (so we can reach the height of the cheese/cliché factor):.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Coach, I'm not the best with words, that's why I use the words of others a lot of the time, but believe me when I say I love you. I think you know I do.
8 comments:
Aww! Happy belated Anniversary! And Happy Mother's Day!
aww that was cute. i like the pictures!!! too cute too cute!!!
This was very sweet! Happy Anniversary! Seven years seems like a very long time, wow. Congrats!
Congrats and happy anniversary.... marriage is the best! I feel bad for Chad though - my nirthday is days before our anniversary and it kinda stinks, the two get lumped together... I guess mother's day gets lumped in there too.
I love this post. Happy anniversary. You are such a great wife.
cute pics! i didn't think that first pic was from sat night, unless you had changed clothes or something. congrats on 6 years! we're not far behind you!
Love, Love, Love that poem! So glad you had fun at the game! Great pictures too!
I love it kissy, i hope i have that some day!! mwah!
Post a Comment