Mother's Day
I think I broke the cardinal rule of Mother's Day today. Instead of getting to sleep in, I was awoken at the early hour of six thirty when little my little Baby alarm clock went off. After an hour of feeding him and playing with him by myself, I tag teamed Coach and went back to bed. After an hour of that, Princess began coming in and saying, "mommy, don't come out yet!" and kept my door closed. When it became apparent that I wasn't getting the token breakfast in bed anytime soon, I hopped out of bed and took a shower. I figured, hey, we have a lot to do this morning, get dinner started, bathe the children, etc. etc., I can't just sit here and wait for them to bring my breakfast or we'll be late for church. So, there's my admission. I don't know if it's against Mother's Day protocol to do get out of your bed before you get breakfast brought in, but I did it twice, and you know what? I don't think anybody noticed actually. And then, I got my breakfast in bed, which was French Toast, and when I asked if she had dipped the bread into the egg, she promptly corrected me with, "no, I dipped it in some yucky stuff." She apologized for the bacon being "chompy," which I think she meant crumbly. And she insisted I drink my OJ from a fancy champagne-type glass. Anyway, she was proud of herself for helping, and it's just always so sweet to spend time with my kids on Mother's Day. I love them so much.
Here is Princess's gift to me:.jpg)
(It says, "I love you mommy.")
Princess and Baby were so happy today, which made the day so nice, and the house was clean, and Coach did so much to make my day smooth and happy, including taking Baby most of the time at church, and so it was an all around great day.
My guilty pleasure wish was granted, as it usually is when Coach is in charge, and I received a gift certificate for a spa manicure and pedicure at my favorite day spa, which I think I will be redeeming soon. Anybody who wants to come is welcome to come with me!
And to my mom, grandma, aunts, sisters, cousins and friends, in my family as well as Coach's, Happy Mother's Day! I hope your day was filled with happiness and spent with those you love, just as mine was.
4 comments:
Not only did I not get breaky in bed I had to wake Hubby up to help me get kids ready for church... I did get a ring from Tiffany & Co though I guess that makes up for it. I am with you I love those cute little cards they make.
I am in love with the pics on the side of your blog with "What I'm doing". If I'm ever that smart to figure out programming my blogs I might have to copy you. I think you're allowed to do whatever you want on Mother's Day so there can't be any rule breaking.
i am coming with you and can't wait. you may have to wheel me in, but i will be there. i like the pics on the side. how did you do that?
Happy Mother's day to you! I love Abury's picture! Things like that are the best gifts!
Post a Comment