Tuesday, May 08, 2007

it was inevitable

I have to share an unfortunate moment in our household. It was bound to happen sooner or later, but I was kinda hoping it would be later.

I was bent over in the kitchen, pulling something out of the oven, when Princess walks up from behind me and says, somewhat amazed, "mom, your bum is huge!!!!"

Ah, yes, my daughter has discovered that her mama's got back, junk in the trunk, a ghetto booty, call it what you want, it's four year old honesty hitting the nail on the head. Of course it didn't help that she was looking through a magnifying glass at the time. My only hope is that she will one day inherit this "huge bum," but I can already tell, she's got the flat-bum genes of Coach's side.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Love the story! Avery has already told me many a time that I have a big bum. :) I have told her that mine is not big, it is a grown-up bum. That is my way of making me feel better about it all. :)

Sunnie said...

oh i just love the things they say. and not that i check it out all the time, but i don't think it's a big bum. send her my way. mine's probably huge about now!

Liz said...

Gotta love how kids say whatever they're thinking!

Christy said...

Oli tells me all the time that I ate too much while he pushes in the fat on my belly. It makes me feel beautiful.