I am going to make it.
Aubrey has had a thirty minute meltdown, one like she hasn't had in a really long time. Screaming and crying and generally making a fuss, complete with tearing her room apart. All because she turned off the movie and then yelled at her friend Elle. When I told her it wasn't accpetable, that's when it began, and, upon sending her to her room, she starts syaing, "bring me back out before the movie's over, okay?" through her tears. Whaaaat? She was the one who turned OFF the movie! And now she is all panicked that she can't watch it anymore? It makes no sense. I later found out that she was only turning it off at a scary part, and was going to turn it back on, but the consequence remained, because it was put into force because of how she acted toward her friend. So, during her meltdown screamfest, Andrew woke up, who I love dearly but was really on my last nerve from being so grumpy today, and I can't figure out why. He isn't that hungry, but he doesn't play happily, he doesn't have a fever, and so I just intermittently try to put him in his bed, so he can take a nap, which hasn't worked too well. He fights me and only took a really short nap. So then, when I finally get him to fall asleep after crying for a while, not fifteen minutes later, Aubrey turns up the volume with her crying, and then we have two children crying. It's a good thing I've been reading I Am A Mother that I borrowed from Sheri, because I have been repeating to myself, "this is the most important thing I will ever do" "Heavenly Father is blessing me for me willingness to do this". I will make it through the day. And I will go out with my friends when Chad gets home. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Boy, it is sure hard with Chad being gone in the evenings. I get so worn out and would love the help that he provides with the kids. He is so busy, I wish I could lighten his load also. Because not only is he gone at night, but he is untouchable during most of the day doing Woodbadge stuff and school work and such. Oh, I feel tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment