Sunday, June 03, 2007

Pretty!

So, thanks to Coach I had a fabulous day yesterday. Now, I have to admit, I don't consider myself a really girly girl, or really vain either, but there is one thing I REALLY enjoy which fits those categories, and that is, a good manicure and pedicure. I actually had never done either one of these things until I was married, but once I had, I was hooked. Of course, I have had a few disasters, like the time I went and got both feet dipped repeatedly into boiling hot wax, but overall, I've had good experiences. I especially like this little place I found, which happens to be one of the top three day spas in Houston, the elan day spa. So, anyway, it was my Mother's Day present to go get a one hour manicure and one hour pedicure, and it was heavenly. Of course, it's always fun to go with a friend, and that made it even better that our husbands coordinated. This is what the pamphlet says about the treatment:

"Be pampered like royalty as you indulge your hands an feet into our invigorating soaks, which soften your cuticles. Your skin will then be stimulated and regenerated as we massage away your daily stress. Treatment follows withan aroma paraffin masque for your hands and a marine masque wrap with warm towels for your legs and feet."

That might be a little over the top, but, I did feel pretty pampered, and the other stuff is true. I felt like just staying in the massage chair, listening to calming music. Or at least going back there agin very soon. But I guess if I did it all the time, it wouldn't be as special. But I would like to try other things they have there, like the massages and things like that, if I can get myself to get over the exposing yourself part.


Initially, I wanted my nails painted a color, and then I decided I wanted to get a french tip instead, and I am happy with the result. Nails always look so pretty painted this way.



I often wish I had my mom's cute feet, but alas, I am stuck with the same ones as my dad. And now you can see why I'll never be a foot model, but at least these ugly feet with crooked toes will look nicely painted and cute for the summer.



Thanks to the elan day spa, I was able to indulge myself in a little bit of guilty pleasure. Hopefully, my nails will look pretty for a while, but I know this sort of nail treatment isn't the best for mommies who have their hands into everything, but maybe that's why we go do this in the first place. Anytime anyone wants to go, I'm game for a little indulgence.

10 comments:

Ashley Seil Smith said...

dang, I wish I WERE staying the few days later in Houston, then I we could go together! Looks like they did a great job, I've never had a spa manicure/pedicure, I'll have to do that some day. Love you!

Sunnie said...

it was so fun! it's funny because today i took some pics similar to yours of fingernails and toenails. too bad my fingers are already getting chipped!

1tiredmama said...

I am jealous! I love the mani pedi treatment. If only I could do it more often. I just love to have cute painted toes in the summer.

Liz said...

Those are the best! My boss got me a gift certificate for a pregnancy massage when I was pregnant with Donevan- and I went 1 month before he was born. It was heavenly- as are manis/pedis. Your french manicure looks very nice- makes me want my nails done again. You have a great husband!

Carrie said...

those look so cute!!! Im so jealous!!! I love mani/pedis as well i just can not afford them as often as i would like!!! Looks good!!

Anonymous said...

i see you already have a flip flop line as well...and its barely june!!! see you soon! CPRTW

allison said...

Kissy, I think I went there to get my eyebrows waxed last summer. It's a cute place. And your nails look fab. Also, I got a full-body massage a few weeks ago and when they start massaging you don't feel self conscious at all! It's a really wonderful experience! I love you!

Rainie said...

Nothings better then cute toes, and you don't have ugly feet. Such cute fingernails to but that would only last a day on me.

Christy said...

Being pampered is the best - I will have to try that place. A lot of times when I go they clip to much skin and draw blood and then I worry about contracting some disease - I think I need to tell them to not clip at all.

Christy said...

Your nails and toes are SOOOOPER cute btw - I really like the toe color you picked.