Thursday, August 16, 2007

Oh Mexico! Part 1

I have just arrived back in town from good ol' Mexico and California. To say that the vacation was great was understatement. It was pretty much awesome. I'd never been vacationing in Mexico before, but I'd like to go back again. And again. We arrived in California on the 3rd and immediately went to the beach and the next day to the Hollywood Bowl for a concert. Then the next day we were off to MEXICO!

These are a few pictures of our villa on the beach.

This is the front of our villa on the top floor. We had the top floor and the middle floor of a three story beach house. The villa itself from the outside looks so Mexico-ish to me. I loved all the tile. Right by the doorway on the top, there was a large mosaic of a dolphin made from all the different tiles used in various places in the villa.


This is our villa from the beach below looking up at the back of the beach house. There was about a 60 foot drop straight down from the balconies on our floors, which was cause for alarm upon our arrival. (remember, I have a very mobile small person who would has no depth perception whatsoever). Notice the orange contruction fence which remedied that situation. I am happy to report no injuries occured. On a different note, the narrow stone steps that led down to the beach were really kind of fun. Some of the steps however, looked about ready to give way.


This is the view from our balcony. It was amazing. In the morning there was fog that would burn off, and all day long you could see dolphins swimming right outside.



A Baja sunset from off the balcony which we were able to enjoy every night.



In addition to having the two story villa, we also had access to a salt water swimming pool and spa which we also enjoyed quite a bit.




We also went to the beach regularly. We mostly just walked on the beach below our villa, it wasn't as good or as clean as Rosarito beach, which was a bigger and better beach about 5 miles away. Here is the little diva at Rosarito.


And here is the little person who loved to eat sand. He liked to crawl around in it and throw handfuls, but mostly he liked to eat it. He became known as Sandrew. I have some really great pictures of Sandrew eating fistfuls of sand, but they're not on my computer yet.



They both loved the beach, and we did too. Coach did quite a bit of bodysurfing there, and I mostly sat around enjoying the sun and jumping waves with Big Sis. We found lots of shells, especially sand dollars, which is so fun for me, since growing up by the beach it was so rare to ever find even an unbroken shell of any kind.

Well, being as how it is almost midnight, I will sign off for now. There are a lot more pictures that are just not on my computer yet. I can't really say exactly what we did each day- I mean, we went to the beach, we swam in the pool, we ate a lot, we went to many little shops, and we played games at night, but the truth is, I just enjoyed being able to sit around and do nothing if I wanted to. Coach had a chance to use his Spanish quite a bit, and I used as much as I could remember, and that was really fun as well. It was actually a bonus that we could speak it because the little street vendors and the vendors who approached us on the beach gave us some much lower prices on things for speaking their language. So, it was really great. Mexico was just a really fun place to go on vacation.



More pictures to come. And also some of my trip to the little neighborhood I grew up in that I hadn't seen in years. (To my sisters... you guys are going to flip out when you see our old house and also Wilson and Live Oak park.)

13 comments:

Christy said...

WOW! What beautiful pictures, that is my kind of vacation. I love that picture of you holding Andrew up, too cute!

Liz said...

Great pics! I'm glad no one got hurt- that looks dangerous!

So glad you had fun- can't wait to see more!

Lindsay said...

Great pics...that was a great time. I was also thinking to myself (yesterday during the torrential rain) I wish I was in Mexico!

1tiredmama said...

It looks like it was so much fun! We need to go somewhere fun like that on our next vacation! I am looking forward to more pictures!

Anonymous said...

fun fun!! that staircase going down is awesome! and a salt water pool and spa? i dont know how id feel abou thtat...

Court and Jill said...

I'm pretty much jealous! What a fun and gorgeous looking vacation. I'm excited for more pics.

Lisa said...

Yesterday Heidi said: "Aubs says, Oh Mexico!" Remember how she kept saying that over and over on our last day? We laughed. We saw the house and Wilson when we were there in March, but we didn't go to live oak park. Please tell me the space ship playground thing is still there....

Kristin said...

No spaceship, Lisa! It's SO different. But you can go ahead and tell Heidi that Aubs is STILL saying, "OH Mexico!"

Emma Jo said...

Gorgeous! What a fun fun time and I love that your entire family was there. I love the pictures, I kind of feel more relaxed just looking at them!

Julia said...

awesome pictures! what a great family. glad y'all had so much fun! we need to look into doing that for our next vacation....

allison said...

Great pictures! We had fun huh? Love you!

Carrie said...

man im jealous. looks like yall had a lot of fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the video as well as this post. What a great time y'all had! Did anyone get sunburned?