Pushing my buttons
Am I really ready for another girl?
We did not have a good day today. Aubrey misbehaved and yelled at me and her brother, and it took twice or three times of me asking her to do something before she would actually do it. Neither one of us were very happy by the day's end and in so attempt to make amends, I volunteered to put her hair in sponge rollers so she could have curly hair. She was excited, and I thought we might end the day on a positive note, until I hear her singing, very quietly, "I don't even like my mom, I don't even like my mom, I don't even like my mom," to the tune of "Bingo." So apparently, she was still experiencing some negative feelings and this was how she would let me know. You can imagine how that little song made me feel, but luckily, I pulled an Aubrey and pretended like I didn't hear. I forgot how girls can be manipulative like that. So, am I ready to have two little girls who do that? It's a scary thought.
Fortunately, I have a small sampling of funny things that she has said recently, that are not hurtful, that have allowed me to remember how funny, sweet and innocent she really is:
"I'm allergic to going to sleep"
"How many more years of school do I have left?" (after not wanting to go to school that day)
"I was born in 2002. What year was Jesus born?"
And this last one, if anyone knows, please feel free to share:
"How do cows make chocolate milk?"
13 comments:
i am just so excited that jada will have another friend to play with. yeah! it will be so great. and don't worry about what aubrey says. if it's any consolation, i'm sure it will just get worse the older they get:)
yay for the girl!!!
Aubrey...she is a funny gal. She loves you...just remember that!!
Sorry it was such a "great" day. I had one yesterday. Tomorrow Aubrey will be telling you how much she loves you. Gotta love the mood swings of girls:)
As far as chocolate milk goes, I say tell her that farmers feed the cows chocolate and that is how we get chocolate milk!! LOL
It's only the brown cows that can make chocolate milk; the white ones make white milk. Sorry about the song, Heidi is still too innocent to say hurtful things, but she does ignore me and my requests on a regular basis. So, I halfway empathize with your plight. I remember being mean to our mom more times than I would like...I guess it just comes with the territory, unfortunately.
Lisa stole my cow answer. Guess that means it's correct if 2 of us say the same thing. :)
If it's any consolation to you, boys do that too. Except they get kinda violent. :(
Sorry to hear you had a rough day with her. Try not to let it get to you too much- I hear it gets worse when they're teenagers. I know it's easier said than done, especially with pregnancy hormones going on too.
Cute sayings- I believe I'm allergic to waking up. ;)
Oh my word, she says some funny things. And of course you know not to worry about the song she was singing...it also comes with the territory that daughters love their mothers no matter what! :) I wish I was able to talk to you guys on messenger! You'll have to let me know when it gets working again...also...make sure when you send email you still send it to seil.allison@gmail.com, I think you sent the baby email to hotmail or something? Anyways, I love you lots. Miss you!
Oh little Aubs...she is a crack up but I guess she can also be a piece of work. I hope you were reciting "I'm Great!!" to yourself while she was singing...because you are!
It is sad when they say hurtful things like that. Just remember that she still loves you and always will even when she says hurtful things. To repeat what was said above... it will probably only get worse the older she gets. The other things she said are so cute. I just love Aubrey! She has the cutest most lovable personality. We really miss playing with her.
well in an effort to say something different then what everyone else said, You can tell Aubs she has a longggggg way to go as far as school goes... And I am glad she is trying to figure out her age in relation to Jesus' age or whatever she was wondering when He was born... cute, cute. cute
Hey I never told you congrats on another little girl! YAY! Think of little Andrew being smahed in between two emotional roller coasters. He'll be one good hubby! Can I claim him for Saryn?
Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday!!! CPRTW
What a cute girl! It's good that you are able to pretend that you didn't hear A's little song. I've used that trick many times ( and still do). She's a real character!
Oh, and congrats on baby girl #2. I haven't read the blog yet, but I heard the exciting news. Hope you're feeling good. :)
Sometimes I get frustrated about repeating myself all the time, like I am some kind of failure, but I remind myself that Joseph Smith had to have the Angel visit him several times in one night to say the same thing so I figure I should go easier on my kids when they need to hear the same thing.
Post a Comment