Saturday, September 29, 2007

Somebody's Happy



Andrew is far from the only one happy in our house, but he has special reason to rejoice because:



We got our new car! Meaning, he no longer has to suffer through the heat of the day facing backwards in a car without AC. This is really quite exciting.



Actually, I was so happy, I kept laughing out loud when I drove it for the first time: Our lovely 3.8 Liter V6 engine roared to life and accelerated quickly with ease, and I didn't need to let up off the gas for the car to shift like I did with Cletus. I opened both sliding doors with the push of a button. I listened to a CD in our CD player, and most importantly to Andrew, I adjusted the AC in the back to blow cool air on him and Aubrey. I might have laughed the happiest when Aubrey called to me, "Mommy, I'm COLD!" like she'd never experienced that before in the backseat, which in fact, she probably hadn't. Aubrey enjoyed pushing the button to open her door and actually got in trouble by her dad after she repeatedly opened and closed it.





Behind Aubrey and Andrew's captain's chairs, we have ample room in the backseat, which, when not in use, can fold flat into the floor. This is the front console, which at first, I had no idea how anything worked. One of the cool features of this car is the ability to drive with the transmission in manual mode. Not that we would ever do that, but it's fun to know we could.



With this mirror, I am able to see who's smacking who in the backseat without turning around.



And although Andrew and Aubrey are happy, I may be the most happy of all. I really feel like I am driving a luxury car. After Chad drove it home last night, I didn't get to drive it, and I kept waking up in the night, thinking about how cool it was that we had a new car. And also, I wanted to drive it. So today, we have been driving around, enjoying our new car. Aubrey saw me taking pictures and wanted to take a couple herself, and so here is Happy Mom:



Yay! We have a new car!



19 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hooray!!! Congratulations! It looks like a sweet ride! Can't wait for a road trip. Have you christened it yet? It can't go too long without a name? My suggestion is Coolio.

Christy said...

Yipee for the new car. No AC???? That should be against the law in Houston. I am happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! How exciting!! That looks very nice!!

Lisa said...

AWESOME! I love how you left the little paper floor mat in there...just to preserve the rugs that much more, huh? :) I'm sure you will love your van. After we got our new car, each time I got in, I'd smile and think to myself, I'm so spoiled. :) So, you're spoiled, but you definitely deserve it! Anytime you wanna make a road trip to Utah in it, feel free, we've got a room for you! Congratulations on your first new car!!!

Emma Jo said...

Oh it's so fun I am so happy for you...and it probably really has a real life new car smell and everything! It's beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

PS- Ive never seen a van where the windows on the sliding doors roll dowN!

Anonymous said...

We love it! It's a blue beauty as far I'm concerned. I can't wait for a ride in it. I couldn't help but remember how I felt when we finally got rid of Dawanna and got Mavis, how nice it was not to worry about if I was going to make it to where I was headed to. Yaaaaayyyy!

cominupdaisies said...

Congrats on the new van!! Thank goodness for the A/C...how did you ever survive w/o it?!? By the way, ya know that rule about not eating in the new car? I think we've all made it--and broken it within the first week!!! So go ahead, break that van in good by going to the drive-in and getting yourselves some popcorn and soda...it'll happen sometime sooner rather than later anyway! :o) Enjoy!

allison said...

Woo hooo!!! I love it! That's so exciting for you!!! It definitely will be a while before Steven and I can get a new car...probably even longer than you guys had to wait! (oops, am I allowed to talk about Steven and I in the future tense this way yet??? :) Love you lots! I'm so happy that Andrew doesn't have to be read in the face sweaty!

mommymoocow said...

Beautiful new car! I'm so happy for all of you! No AC in the summer in Houston?! How did you ever survive that?

Liz said...

Nice! You must be in mini van heaven!
I finally convinced Chris that 3 kids and a sedan just doesn't work, so come March when we pay off his car, I'll follow in your footsteps! So, what kind did you get? It's a beauty!

Carrie said...

looks very luxurious... i am glad yall have ac now. that would be miserable. yay for new cars!!!!

Court and Jill said...

Yay for you! I'm sure Cletus would approve of the replacement! Enjoy your new wheels...you're stylin now!

scraphappymama said...

I'm so happy for you. I can't wait for a ride in the new van!!! It looks great!!! And I think it's hilarious that Andrew is cooing and singing in the van now :)

1tiredmama said...

Congrats! Isn't it so fun to have a new car. Especially for you after driving the one with no A/C. And by the way, the button thing is still an issue in our car. They are constantly wanting to push it. I keep thinking it has got to get old after a while right?

Ash said...

I just can't get Bob Barkers resounding voice out of my head saying, "A NEW CAR!". I am jumping up and down inside for you. It's awesome!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

hooray! it looks awesome! but i can't tell what kind it is, so please fill me in! i'm excited to cruise in this new blue beauty! i love andrew and aubrey.

Kirkhams said...

Yay for the new car! Were you excited to wake up the next morning and take it for a spin? It's like a new surprise all over again!

Rainie said...

I love that you laughed while driving it home. That is something I would do. How fun.