The Rodeo Run (my version)
Let me just say it was harder than I thought it would be on account of the fact we ran up and over a viaduct. And also because I was congested that whole week and couldn't breathe very well while I was running. Add to that I had been out of town the entire week before taking care of six kids, and been up Thursday night with a poor kid who barfed at least once every hour from 12:30 a.m. on (yes, I didn't blog this, but I did get the all inclusive babysitting package which included barf also). Anyway, so with that being said, I was maybe less than prepared to run this race. But I did it. I had run six miles before in 90 minutes, which is not that great. But my goals were 1, to run all the way, and 2, to run faster than 90 minutes. So, I accomplished both of those, with the exception of stopping at the water tables to get water. That was the only time I stopped running. So, to accomplish my goals, I was happy with that. But it was definitely harder than I thought, and I was glad to have my sister with me the whole way (who probably could have gone a lot faster) and my friend Ashley, who kept me going and encouraged me when I couldn't breathe and felt like I was going to fall over.
I look so pretty in these pictures... but hey, I ran a long way in the hot sun, up a highway onramp, did I mention. Also, for your viewing pleasure, you get a video of me crossing the finish line. I come up from behind really fast, so don't blink or you might miss me. :)
Truth be told, I wasn't all that pumped up after I was done, I was ready to go lay down and take a nap. But in the days since I have begun to feel that sense of accomplishment of doing something that was hard and accomplishing my goal. But if you ask me if I'd do it again, I'm still a little iffy. :)
17 comments:
i like the live action shot at the bottom. thanks for getting us to do that. it was great- not fun really, but really good to do.
i envy you for running. i really do. i cant even run up my stairs hardly. well done!!
Wow, that's awesome. I'm still up for rollerblading but I doubt I'll enter any kind of running race. I left those days back in High School. Good job!!!
so, i love the video (hee, hee). i'm in it too. actually is there a way you can send it to me? for whatever reason, I can't get my computer to download it.
thanks for motivating us all to run. i don't think the race was all that fun, but being able to say i ran a 10k is pretty cool. now that i know i can do it, i think i'm up for another try.
come on, you know you want to run along all those bluebonnets :)
by the way, you did awesome. i'm impressed with your mad running skills - especially while sick!!
I was thinking to myself as I clicked on the link to your blog, "I can't believe Kristin hasn't posted anything about her 10K," and then lo and behold there was the blog I was wishing for! Kudos to you. You're awesome for doing the race. Also, kudos for cleaning up someone else's kid's barf. Sick.
I think you're fabulous- I couldn't finish even a .5k! :) And how fun to run with your sister too!
It was great to see you last week! Maybe one of these days I'll post the pics of the cute little guys together!
woo-hoo! alright!
What fortitude to stick with it even when you were feeling lousy and hadn't had the chance to prep like you'd wanted! I'm so proud of you! Now take a little rest a get over that cold will you? :)
You guys are so awesome! And that first picture is a real treasure. I need to start doing something but it's so cold here! I just want to hibernate! excuses excuses right? Love you!
I am seriously impressed with yall! It sounds like you were the motivation behind getting all these gals to run, so good for you! I must admit, it makes me feel like a slacker to have all yall around me!
well done!!! I can't believe you can run all of that!! Im so proud!! and envious!!
kristin you are amazing!! good for you!!
Yay for us! I was super glad to have you to run with. There was a moment there at the beginning when I wanted to just hang out and pass out water to everyone else. Great work!!! I hope you keep running, but how bout some walking? I'd be down with that.
Good job for doing it - most people don't! Sometimes after a race I feel sick of running for a while... I quit for almost a year after my last 1/2 marathon.
Congratulations!!! That is so impressive that you did that. I love the video of the finish. It was fun to see all of the blogs about the race. Congrats again...
Well congrats. That is awesome. I bet you were so happy to finish and so proud. Hey, you've got to check out this blog and Chad needs to be there when you do. I'm not sure if you've seen this or not but check it out. Memory lane for Chad! www.audiloo.blogspot.com
You also ran it in warm up pants....did we mention that it was a very warm day...that was also impressive to me. I love you!
Post a Comment