Monday, March 10, 2008

The Yuck

You can skip this post if you're squeamish around words like mucus and barf. Because, I just want to say I'M SICK OF BEING SICK!!!!!!!!!

I have basically been sick for about three weeks. I think I'm pretty much done now, but it might as well have been three years. I have had just about every symptom a sick person can have, except, by some miracle, barfing, which knock on wood, I won't come down with tonight. It started out innocent enough, a little sniffling, then, WHAM, I've got itchy eyes, tons of drainage, I'm sneezing, it's awful. That continues on for about a week, at which time it starts getting better. I venture out of my quarantined home, and WHAM, it comes back with a vengeance. This time with a severely sore throat and head, neck, and backache. I finally broke down and went to the doctor on Friday, after two weeks, and find out I've got a sinus infection. I started taking antibiotics for that, and Saturday and Sunday the sore throat intensifies to the point I cannot sleep because I am waking up having a hard time swallowing. Even if it was strep throat, which the doctor should have seen when I was there, I am already taking antibiotics, so there's nothing else they can do. Well, Sunday, the achiness turns into a neck so stiff I thought I had meningitis, seriously. I could not move my head at all. Well, all of that now is going away. But I'm not out of the woods, because I also noticed Sunday, I am getting, not one, but TWO cold sores. At the same time. So fun. One thing after another after another after another. It's so demoralizing.

Sunday, my family took pity on me, sweet little Aubrey decided to do something nice, so she made breakfast in bed. Here's my menu: (I love the spelling, it is so cute, as incorrect as it is, I will keep this forever).


I circled the things I wanted, Cereal, Toast, Banana, and Hot Chocolate. I couldn't have juice, (it's crossed out) because she realized we didn't have any. Can you guess what the other things are?



She also made a picture. She's never much dealt with details, keeping it simple, it's "Get Well Soon Mom"


There is another one on the door of my bedroom. She also made a book, which I will keep forever, written all by herself, that is written top to bottom, like Japanese, entitled

"My Mom"
Mom is sik
hr hed and hr lags hrt (My legs aren't hurt, but that's about the only things that aren't)
She is so prite
I like hr
I wishd tat she wus betr

I know the spelling isn't very good, but it's so cute to see her try. It was a ray of sunshine in the black cloud of illness that has been following me around. Call me a baby, but I hate being sick, especially, since I'm normally a very healthy person. And thanks also, to Chad, for picking up a whole bunch of slack around the house as I have become pretty much useless until just today.



I love these two.


So, hey, you might see me a little more now that I'm not contagious. Except for the cold sores. But I won't kiss you, don't worry.


12 comments:

Court and Jill said...

Oh my HECK!!!! This is so cute! (not you being sick, but Aubrey!) I LOVED her menu and her notes. I love all the spelling. Sooooo cute. BTW, what is the first option on the menu...potatoes? Bakin is my favorite! Well, it sounds miserable to be sick like that, hope things really are on the upside! Two cold sores...yuck!

Emma Jo said...

Sick is sooooo yucky...Moms are not supposed to get sick. I hope you feel great soon! and may the illness stay away from everyone for a long long time. Open up all the windows and let those germs air out!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

are you kidding me? so adorable. I love the "git" in get well soon, she's a true Texan, haha. I equally love "Bakin" which I'm assuming is of the pig variety.

I'm also not in love with being sick, and I'm a horrible patient on top of that. Absolutely miserable, and I let everyone know it. That's probably bad...

123 checkoutourfamily said...

Was potatoes and bacon the other items? It's so fun to see "Kid writing"! She's doing an awesome job!

I'm glad you're feeling better. I had the opposite thing a couple of weeks ago: a cold sore and then I got sick. I'll usually get one if i'm getting sick or stressed.

Liz said...

Without reading the other comments, here are my guesses. I am a pro at deciphering "fonetic" spelling. :)

Potatoes, bacon, milke and woor I believe is actually OR.

Wuz I rite? ;)

Sorry you're still sick! At least you have a sweet family to take care of you!

Christy said...

That is too cute for words... She is so awesome.

I hope you feel better soon. Also - not all antibiotics work for everything - back in the day they would take a culture to test which ones would work for what you have, now they make educated guesses which are wrong from time to time.

travelingtxmom said...

I'm sorry you've not been feeling well but glad you're getting better finally. That Aubrey girl is too cute, but then I already knew that being the recipient of a note or two from her.

Sunnie said...

aubrey is doing so great with her writing! it will be fun to see elle learn, too. i'm sorry you've been so sick. i meant to call, but i'm a bad friend. and we were out of town. but basically i'm just a bad friend. sorry. can we still be friends?:) hope you had fun at the concert.

Anonymous said...

too too cute. what a good kid. I see potatoes and bacon...but what is Mike Woor? glad you are better!!

Lisa said...

OH.MY.GOSH. That writing by Aubrey is THE BEST thing EVER. SOOOOO CUTE. Definitely should be cherished forever. I'm sorry you've been so sick...I didn't know. Also, I didn't know you got cold sores, that stinks.

I think that Heidi and I will be writing Aubs a letter very soon, in hopes that we will get one in return and I can put it on my fridge to make me smile. :)

allison said...

oh i love those. they made me want to cry i loved them so much. you guys are great, love you!

allison said...

and i'm glad you're *hopefully* getting better.