The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
The Good: Chad got the Assistant Principal job at Doerre Intermediate School in Klein we have been hoping for!
The Bad: This means we cannot go on our previously planned cruise, as the dates no longer work. Oh well, Chad said maybe we can go to New York and see his cousin in Phantom of the Opera. I've never been so that would be fun too.
The Ugly: Germs are quite possibly the ugliest thing I've ever (not) seen. Our whole family has been sick since pretty much Monday. I have strep, Chad has a mysterious illness which runs the gamut of sicknesses (use your imagination if you dare), and Aubrey's been coughing/sneezing/wiping her nose, and Andrew spiked a fever of 102.2 this afternoon. Now that I am taking medicine for strep, my body feels better, but my throat is still killing me! No matter what I try, anything that I swallow, hot or cold, burns like acid in my throat, all the while I am gagging on my own uvula (that's the hangy ball thing in the back of your throat) because everything is still so swollen. If that's not an ugly image, I don't know what is.
Now that I've shared some fabulous news, and also grossed you all out and warned you we're all in quarantine, I hope you all have a nice day.
21 comments:
Sorry about the cruise, but yay for the new job!!! I hope you all start feeling better. Being sick is never any fun.
daaaangg...i hope you get better soon. i posted the black bean soup recipe, but i don't recommend you make that until your throat is better!
Yay for the job!! And you will love NY and Phantom of The Opera all are great. Sorry about the cruise though. And sorry about all the nasty germs. yuck.
Hooray for the new job! Sorry to hear you have the sickies at your house. That is never any fun. I hope it doesn't last too much longer.
Yay! You have a blog! This is Cristy (Mustard....) and I noticed you had a blog a few weeks ago on facebook, but I"ve been kind of out of it lately and didn't have time to drop by till now. But now we cacn be blog friends! I'm so happy for your husbands Graduation and finding the job he wanted! Yay for you guys! I can't believe you have three kids! Well, actually I can, since I have two and one on the way... we're so old! Ah!
yay! What great news. Wow, he just got his masters and now he's going to be an AP. Sweet!
I'm sorry ya'll are sick. It's never fun when anyone in the fam is sick, muchless the whole family. Are you sure there's nothing I can do?
Yay for Chad!!! And NY is my fav place to visit - you should take him up on that idea.
Wow! I am so behind in my "reading." Sounds like lots going on at your house.
Congrats to you and Chad --on graduation , 4.0, passing the admin test and new job!!! I am so excited that he is moving into administration. He will be great there! Will he be home more? Don't APs have to attend all the games and extracurricular activities? Tell him I said, Don't forget what it's like to be a teacher--and back up the teacher!!! I know he will.
Your crape myrtle is beautiful. I didn't know you had planted it, and think it is a beautiful remembrance.
Sorry to hear about the germs at your house. Maybe you caught them at the "vomitorium"?
Looking forward to seeing everyone soon. Has anyone figured out how much gas is going to cost to get us Texans to LP? I thought I would try to figure it out today, but I'm kinda scared to.
It is no fun being the mommy and being sick- especially when the rest of the family is sick and needs you! :( I hope for your sanity's sake you get better ASAP, as well as everyone else.
CONGRATS Chad! That's terrific! Sorry the cruise won't work out- big bummer, but the job is awesome!
I read this the other day and then never commented. HOORAY FOR TEAM CHAD!! I like what Aunt Sally said...it must've been the vomitorium. I'm bummed about your cruise but maybe that means I'll be able to go with you on the next one :). RJ thinks gas to LP will cost us about $650 with the truck & boat. Luv ya!
Yay Chad!!!! I loved what mom said about the germs. She must be right. I too am behind on blogs, but that crepe myrtle is beautiful and just perfect. You will love Phantom though!!!
And Petunia, Im just going to pretend I didnt see that about what RJ thinks about gas...I told my parents Id chip in....for a gallon or two :)
I hope you're feeling better verrrry soon. That is sad about the cruise, but at least you can still look forward to the "cruise "on Lake Powell...I picked up a couple more crafts today from the dollar spot at JoAnn's for the little girls to do while we're there.
i am so sorry that you guys have been so sick and that i'm a bad friend and haven't called to offer any help. call if i can help. also, that is GREAT about chad!!! how exciting. tell him congrats!
So I'm with you on the sick thing...again! Now this crazy cold is attacking my throat. I was beginning to wonder if I have strep. This might sound crazy but we really don't have a family Dr. I've been to a dr. in Katy but that's just too far. Who's your Dr?
I went with Matt to HEB's clinic but I'm too far pregnant for them to see me. The Dr. was nice enough to swab me for strep and it came back negative. Brayden is teething so we're not sure if he's getting this or if his symptoms are from teething. Crazy!
haha, thanks for the mental pictures.
I hope you're feeling better...I think a sore throat is like one of the worst sick feelings ever...and strep takes the cake.
That stinks about the cruise but it'll be so fun to go to New York! Steven says we'll go in your place.
Lub you seeeester! bisous!
Oh gosh, tell Chad congrats! That's awesome! I bet he's so excited. Sorry about the cruise, that's a bummer. But I heard Phantom is fabulous. And hope you guys get better really soon!
That's so awesome about Chad - being sick wouldn't be so bad if we didn't still have to be the mom. I hope you're all back on your feet!
Congrats to Master Chad! I wonder what other implications this will have on your life. Will he still coach? Probably not. So does that mean widows club is out? I think not b/c of a certain calling...
Hey...I'm one of Chad's old friends...we actually went to Doerre together!
Congratulations! That is exciting news!
I hope by now you're all feeling much better!
So sorry about all the sickness but CONGRATS on the job!! I hope you find another time for the cruise or at least some way to stay cool this summer!
how did I miss this? Oh my, Chad will be an administrator at his old stomping grounds? that is so cool! so are you headed to NYC?
Post a Comment