Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Short haired girls

Aubs and I got our hair cut today. Short. Aubrey has had it with tangles in her hair, and frankly, so have I. So we cut it short together.
It's not too much shorter on her really, but it will cut down on the tangles a lot.
Aubrey took this picture. This is shorter than I've had it in a long time. I'm hoping I don't look like a man and also hoping I don't too closely resemble my kindergarten or sixth grade pictures.
You be the judge.

24 comments:

Liz said...

Oh I like it a lot! I don't think it's like your younger pics at all. Length maybe, but no, I think it's really cute! :) And you'll like the hair off your neck this summer! I LOVE short hair! :)

Whitney said...

Way cute! Your curls are so much cuter than mine are. Way to be brave and go short. You look great!

Sunnie said...

this made me laugh. you do not look like a man. don't worry. also not so much like the younger version of you. it is really cute. as were your shorts tonight. i need some new clothes. good job on your first real enrichment as leader. it was great.

travelingtxmom said...

Love the new cuts! Miss A has never liked tangles...but then neither have you. I do not think you look like a man and since those pictures are two of my favorites of you from elementary school I have no problem with you looking like either one! :)

allison said...

That's SO cute! I love it! hahahhahhahhahah! You're pictures below crack me up! Don't worry, it's not too close...plus you're a mature woman now, you can pull off a lot more than you could. :) But you're cute in those even! That's funny too because this morning when I was talking to Aubs I was like...your hair is so LONG! And then, you guys chopped it. It's so cute on her too!

1tiredmama said...

I think it is so cute!! I love it! We will be in town this weekend. We have to try and get together if you will be around.

Christy said...

Laughing so hard... you are hilarious! You don't look like a man or like the pictures of yourself when you were a kid. Both of you look fab!

Anonymous said...

Well, this is my first comment on your blog but I thought I'd comment on the cute hair cuts. One good thing with the short hair. Less use of shampoo. :-) Hope to see you and Chad soon for some games. -Amber Hathaway

Carrie said...

you guys look too cute. and those pictures are cute too. but I dont think you look like a man or those pictures. Luckily now you probably know a little bit more about fixing your hair!

Anonymous said...

Ive always loved your curly hair. Mine is nowhere near the same. I feel like when I wear my hair curly I look like Im 12 and dont know how to fix my hair. Ive been trying to grow mine long so it doesnt look dumb when I wear it curly at LP!!

123 checkoutourfamily said...

Personally, I think it looks great! Like I was telling you, I wish I could get away with short hair. It just really makes my face way to round.

Enrichment was fun! Thanks for planning such a great activity.

Lisa said...

Kristin, you crack me up. Your blogs are always funny. You both look really cute. You definitely do not look like a man, or a 5th grader trying to trastition out of a mullet. If you want to see a girl looking like a man, you should look at pictures of me from your wedding. I recall saying I looked like a boy in a dress, and last time I checked, I did look like that.

Court and Jill said...

Oh my heck, those pics are hilarious, and NO you don't resemble the Kristen of the past. Cute hairdo!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

hahahah, i love those pictures. your hair doesn't look like those pictures. you lookin' fiiine girl! and i love aubs' haircut, too!

Allie said...

I think it looks great! Both of you look awesome! Love the flashback pics from your schoolgirl self!

The Funky Bunch said...

I think you guys look really good. Aubrey looks so much older! It's amazing what a short haircut can do for little girls. And yours will be great for the summer, not so much in the heat! Love it!

mommymoocow said...

I think your short hair highlights your beautiful eyes, and no, you don't look like a man. Silly girl. You both look very cute and I can hardly wait to see you in person.

Lindsay said...

I love it on both of you-it's way cute....I also appreciated the flashback....those pics are great!

Emma Jo said...

So cute on both of you! I love haircuts, they make me feel all fresh and new.

scraphappymama said...

love the new haircuts!!! it's the right time of year for shorter, cooler hair!!!

Cristy said...

Very cute! Your little girl looks so much like your sisters!

Berly said...

Kristin-
I found your blog on Emily's. It is so fun to see Chad's family and hear that he got the assistant principal job. Tell him congratulations for me.

Kim Johnson (McVey)
By the way, I like your hair. I have thought about doing the same thing to mine because it is so long right now.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

lovely! i can't believe I haven't seen this post...vacations and such.

cominupdaisies said...

Cute haircuts!! Much cooler for the summer! Love the old pics!! They're fun to see!