Monday, May 05, 2008

My Awesome Wife, Kristin

Hi, this is Chad (a.k.a. Dad, Had, Had the Dad, etc.) Ok, first let me start off by saying this is my first blog ever. I actually had to hack into my wife's blog account in order to be able to post this secretly. I figure it's o.k., since she set up a "secret" email account recently in order to hide a secret from me! :)

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?evgroupid=0&userid=astrosstaffevents&gallery_id=1061550&image_id=20

(***I'm not smart enough in the blogging world to make a cool hyperlink for a website, but I did make one, it just doesn't look very cool. You can click on the box up above and see a picture we took while we waited in line for our free Astros' Jersey.)


Anyhow, I just wanted to let every blog-reader out there know how GREAT Kristin is! Not that y'all don't already know this to be true, but I want you to know that I KNOW she is GREAT!

Here is why: she does everything just right...just the way I like it. My birthday, for example, couldn't have been more perfect. She knew exactly what I wanted, which is generally practical stuff I really need. This birthday, yes the big 3-0, it was a combination of stuff I needed and wanted. As always, she did everything exactly how I wanted it to be. She just knows what I want. I don't even have to tell her, she just knows. She's a great listener and thoughtfully plans in advance when she hears me mention something casually to her. If I say something three months before any given holiday, she'll remember.

The problem is I end up ruining everything she plans. I start giving hints the weeks leading up to my birthday and since she is so "on the ball" with what I want she has already gotten the item, or planned for what I want to happen by the time I hint to her what I want. This year, being a big birthday, she planned a great weekend of events for me. The best part is that she didn't even mind it so much that I ruined 4 of the 5 surprises she had in store for me (The 5th one totally took my by surprise...I was off of my game a little, I guess). Well, it bugged her that I started hinting for things that were already in the works (case in point - Crawford Boxes - see her Blog below). But, since she already knew exactly what I wanted, it's tough to keep it a secret and tough make it a surprise.

So basically, I love Kristin. She is great. I hope all of you readers out there are lucky enough to feel the same way about your significant other. It's so great to be able to come home everyday to my best friend, who loves baseball (as a spectator mainly), puts up with my M*A*S*H watching habits, has joined forces with me in the world of South Beach, is letting me plan a cruise that will hopefully happen in the near future, is the best wife and mother a husband could possible hope for, and in short, just does everything right.

Kristin, I love you. (To you readers out there, thanks for letting me "vent" my happiness!)

Yours Truly,

Had the Dad

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is a great gal, isnt she!!

Lisa said...

We already knew Kristin was ultra fabulous, but it's nice to have a reminder!

Lindsay said...

Yes, Kristin is great...I hope everyone noticed how extremely skinny these two are. They've lost tons of weight thanks to Dr. Agatston and they look great!!

mommymoocow said...

Whata great post! I think Kristin is great, too!

Kimberly said...

Chad for a first post you did a great job, and your picture looks really good. Keep up the good work on your new life style.

Kirkhams said...

Hooray for Kristin! We love her too! And Happy Birthday to you, Chad! 30's a good age--it will be a great year! You two will be blazing hot with your new south beach bods on the upcoming cruise! :)

allison said...

Dang, maybe we should have our own personal "biggest loser" before lake powell, you guys look great! And yes...Kristin's always been one of my favorite people, but I love that post Chad!

Whitney said...

Hooray for Kristin! Chad, you grabbed a great catch in her. Way to go!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

i really love kristin also. probably not in the same way. but kind of.

oh had...i wish natedog would write something like this. i guess i have to do everything right and be married for a while before he can =)

The Funky Bunch said...

Wow, you guys are both pretty darn lucky to have each other. You're both awesome!! That's great you did such cool stuff for Chad for his big birthday. I'm sure he had a great time. Love you guys!

travelingtxmom said...

No doubt about it, she's the best! And one of these times she's going to be able to pull off more than just one surprise....

1tiredmama said...

Kristin is great isn't she? I think all of us agree!!

Quite Content said...

What a great tribute to a wonderful woman!!! I agree heartily with the rest of the bunch, you are the cream of the crop!!!

Ash said...

You guys are just a dynamite couple! Thanks for letting us hang out with you now and then. And a special thanks for the borrowed red car. I now know the muffin man all to well.

Carrie said...

aw that was so cute!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

glad you had a great 30th, and a fun one! and its nice to hear from you, too.

Jana said...

well said Chad.