Saturday, May 10, 2008

That's Master Chad to you

Today, we are exclaiming joyful hallelujahs in exultant happiness because today, our two years of sacrifice, dedication, and hard work paid off as Chad graduated from Prairie View A&M with his Masters Degree in Education Administration. He accomplished this amazing goal while juggling, first and foremost, his role as a husband and father, but also in his demanding career as a coach and teacher, and his calling in the Young Mens organization in the church. Futhermore, he did not just graduate, he graduated with flying colors, having earned a perfect 4.0. I'm nearly bursting my buttons with pride for my hard working, hero of a husband. I'm so lucky.

Here's Mr. 4.0 himself: I think he looks so handsome in his higher degree duds, especially with the scarf thingy, which I found out is called a hood, and is blue to symbolize his department of learning (Education), and on the inside is purple and gold, the colors of PV A&M.

So anyway, it was the first time I've actually set foot on his campus, I've been in the parking lot before, but never in the stadium where this took place. There were over 500 students graduating today but we needn't have feared we'd miss Chad in the crowd, he was one of only about five white faces. And it was easy for him to find us in the crowd of family members, for the same reason. And I don't mean that to be racist or prejudiced or anything like that, it's just the truth, and it was a benefit. I love the different cultural aspect it brought to the event. All throughout the commencement speaker's speech, and particularly during a quotation by Booker T. Washington, we heard those around us murmuring, "Mmm Hmm," and "that's right," like we were in a church service. I really enjoyed it. One thing we couldn't figure out however, was the name for where we were sitting:


If anyone could shed some light on that one, I would be grateful.

Being that the commencement was at 1:00, Andrew is normally asleep by then, and so he spent most of the 3 hour commencement exercise resembling various stages of the picture below, which actually caught him at a milder moment. Poor little guy.


I can't actually blame him. 3 hours on hard bleachers with no back rest is enough to make anyone cry. Aubrey at least enterntained herself by counting the number of times she heard the name Eisha, (at least 4 by her count), the name of a friend at her school. Thankfully, Chad's parents attended the commencement also and we took turns holding Andrew outside vomitory 7. At the heart of the whole thing, however, was Master Chad Stolle. And so for that reason, it was all worth it.
Another piece of good news we found out this week was that Chad passed his Principalship exam, the comprehensive exam that's kind of like a CPA or Bar Exam but for would-be administrators.

Congratulations Chad on your successes! You are a champion! And no, now is not the time to start talking about a PhD. I love you anyway.

23 comments:

Whitney said...

Way to go Chaddie! That is fabulous!

Quite Content said...

Congratulations Chad and Family. I know how that story goes. Eric finished his Masters program in October and it was so nice to have a husband and dad back in the family for some quality time. It was a big sacrifice, but in the end it was worth it. Congratulations again!!!

Quite Content said...

I looked up vomitory... it means an entrance to a stadium, or ampitheater.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

wow, congratulations! thats very exciting.

Lisa said...

Wow, I guess we'll all have to start addressing him as Master Chad at family gatherings. Way to go! I laughed very hard about the vomitory thing, also. That is so funny.

Lisa said...

Also, I just have to say, you guys look great!! I can definitely see your hard work and discipline with South Beach paying off. Fabulous.

Lindsay said...

Hooray for Master Chad! We're so proud of you!

Liz said...

Wow that is terrific! Congratulations!!!!! And 4.0- that's AWESOME! (That's my goal too!)

YAY! Now ya'll can spend some time together!

Sunnie said...

oh man i am way behind on your blog! congrats chad! you are awesome. and 4.0 and all that is impressive. i bet it feels so good to be done! love the post also that he did about you. you must be the best wife ever:) happy anniversary!

The Funky Bunch said...

Wow Chad, that's so awesome. Congrats. And that's cool Kristin that you are so excited. I get excited about stuff when Mike does things too. He does look great in his Masters Duds! What a stud!!

1tiredmama said...

Congrats Chad!! Isn't great when all the hard work finally pays off!!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

you and chad look so great! i can't tell you how excited i am for you guys, i know it seems like it can't be much because we're states away, but i really wish we could have been there because that's such a huge accomplishment. we dream of the day when nate will have his masters over with (after, like you guys, working, having kids, being frugal) so that he can actually get paid what he's worth (like chad will get now!). instead of getting paid $0 for an internship that is 8 hrs. a day, five days a week, in which he does the same amount of work as people getting paid at least $25,000...but i'm not commenting here to talk about nate, so...way to go chad!

i love love love aubs and andrew. i need to send that little girl a letter.

Emma Jo said...

Amazing! Congratulations to Chad for finishing and amazing task and to Kristin and kids for completing an amazing task!!! A master indeed! PV is where Clark worked while we lived in Houston--it sometimes took him an hour or two to start talking like his family again after getting home from work. (One day he came across a booty shaking contest on campus...it was a fun place to work he thought.)

Christy said...

YAY for you guys! What a lot of work...

Anonymous said...

yay for chad!!!!

vomitory is funny!! my only thought is that you sit so high you might vomit!

allison said...

Way to go Chad! We're really proud of you too! You're really an inspiration..and Kissy, so are you...it makes me think I'll be able to take all the years of Med School that are (cross your fingers) coming up.

Holy cow, I laughed so hard my head hurts right now at the "Master Chad" title, comments from your surrounding audience, vomitory, and wonderful pictures of those wonderful children. And you, by the way, are a dang stick girl. You guys both look so great...but Chad's not turned sideways so I can't see his weight loss as much. You guys are lookin' awesome. I just bought some new tenni runners today and some underarmour capris and shirt to hopefully inspire me to get moving. Tomorrow's day one...AND we finally made a budget today...sick...so this should be a big week for me. :)

Again, so proud of Chad, it would have been so wonderful to be there to celebrate, saying it on here just doesn't do it justice...hopefully we'll call you guys soon, it's a bit late right now. Love you! Bisous!

allison said...

P.S. Wikipedia says: Vomitory, an entrance to a stadium.

allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
allison said...

And also, even more exciting:
Wikipedia says, "A vomitorium is an architectural feature – a passage situated below or behind a tier of seats in an amphitheatre, an exit through which the crowds could "spew out" at the end of a show." And there you have it my friend, so just think of yourself and getting barfed outta that stadium at the end of commencement...

allison said...

*as

Carrie said...

that is awesome!! I cant believe he made through with 4.0. I am jealous. I am sure it is a big relief to you that he is finished!! And the title of the post was just perfect. Very clever.

123 checkoutourfamily said...

Yay Chad and family! I definitely think it's a family affair: it took all of you working together to make it happen. The 4.0 is awesome and something to definitely be proud of. :)

Kelby Ellis said...

Yeah. The whole thing is exiting and very noteworthy.