Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Nice Side

Maybe I've given Andrew a bad reputation. Despite the fact that yesterday he grabbed a sharp knife off the counter and ran around the house with it, and also the fact that he has a personal-space-violating habit of trying to stick his fingers in anyone's belly button, family or not, he really is still mostly a sweet, good little boy. (He only had a few seconds with the knife before he was apprehended, don't worry...) Thus, I will show you why we tolerate all this naughty behavior. Because he has a really nice side. Today we built a tower, a game Andrew loves. Mostly because when we finish putting the top block on, we knock it down. I think there's something innately satifying to a boy to repeat this process of building and knocking down and building again. And even though the blocks reach higher than he is tall, he still stacks the blocks with such little boy exuberance that you can't help but smile at him, and forget that tonight at dinner he completely stripped naked, including the diaper. And also likes to play in the toilet when he can. My favorite part of this video clip is his laughter in anticipation of the best part of the whole game-- the knocking down. Make sure you turn down the music so you can hear it.

Click to play Andrew builds a tower
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

13 comments:

Ashley Seil Smith said...

loooooove that sweet boy! we laughed here watching it!

Quite Content said...

That is so cute! We have some blocks like that here I just haven't tried them with Alex. He loves to knock stacked blocks over. I LOVE his laugh in anticipation of knocking the stack over. What a lucky family to have such a sweet boy as part of it!

Braden Bell said...

Cute, cute, cute! What a good mom you are.

Lindsay said...

That little man is SO cute. I love him. What a great video. I can't believe his antics of the last few days. However, I was THRILLED when I got my phone message just before bed last night. What a sweet boy.

Christy said...

That was hilarious. I loved his laugh and how he delayed his normal block knocking because he was distracted by the camera... too funny.

The Funky Bunch said...

He's so cute. I can't believe how patient he was before knocking them down. My kids usually knock them over before we can even get them all stacked up!

Liz said...

Aww that is precious! I love his laugh- that's so contagious! Boys are great aren't they!

allison said...

AHAH! Precious little man, that was so cute! And I particularly loved that hysterical giggle before knocking it over! :)

Anonymous said...

well maybe im dumb, but i just tried 3 times to watch it and it wouldnt let me. :( ill have to try back

Lindsay said...

I just wanted to look at his sweet little self again. I love that kid!

Jared and Jennie Faurschou said...

That is so precious,I can't believe he is almost two. where does time go. It sound like he keeps you busy, boys are wild but they are fun.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

knife--scary! I recently put my knife block on top of my fridge. Kids just don't understand the fragility of life...he is an adorable little boy.

Emily said...

What a cute boy Andrew is...I can't get over his adorable laugh.