Monday, August 25, 2008

Post Script...

And we can't forget it was this little guy's first day too! Well, really, not his first day since he's been back for a month now, but his first day with the rest of the kids! I almost forgot to take his picture as he left, (what was I thinking?), and so this snapshot caught him slightly unawares. As he drove away, I wiped a tear away and thought to myself, "my little boy's all grown up!"



Actually, it's great that Chad is finally going to be at his school, doing the day-in and day-out sort of work he's been anticipating. Up to this point, he has been preparatory work, eight plus hours a day, at least five days a week, that literally has wiped him out daily.

And then he decided to include me in the process on Saturday, where we went to his school and counted stacks upon stacks of textbooks in every single nook and cranny of the school. And then we moved them from classroom to classroom so that teachers had the correct number of textbooks to hand out to each student. I think I've touched every single textbook at that school, and done a whole lot of adding in my head, things like, 27 times 6, minus four, and other such ridiculous calculations. This process took us approximately 10 hours. This is a testament to my love for Chad. And just as a sidenote, I have learned that a lot of what Chad does, including this textbook counting et cetera, are a lot of thankless, behind the scenes jobs nobody thinks of, but that are vital to the success of the students, and to the benefit of the school and learning environment. So, next time you see a teacher or an administrator, tell them thanks for all they do. You never know how late they were up the night before counting textbooks so that your kid could have his very own student copy of Mathematics Course 3.

9 comments:

travelingtxmom said...

So glad you included the dapper Assistant Principal Had in today's blogging. I'm hoping he has a great year as well. Love you Chad!

The Funky Bunch said...

Oh LOVE the pic of Chad. He looks very professional!! It's so fun to start a new job. He's going to do awesome! I bet he's so excited. And good for you helping him count textbooks. What a dedicatd wife. I help Mike count for his work. I watch his surveillance videos from his car and I count the steps people mess up on when he's giving them their DUI tests on the side of the road somewhere. Look at us, both so helpful!! :)

allison said...

Lookin' good Master Chad! Maybe some day I can count out syringes for Steven or something. That's great that he can be back in the loop of things and you'll have to keep us updated on how his new job's going (well, relatively new).

Braden Bell said...

Chad does look all grown up! Wow! He cleaned up well. Good job on the books! That is an important--and thankless--job. Glad Chad is on it.

Lindsay said...

Well, I hope his first day was better than what Aubrey reported to me..."he got yelled at by the principal." He officially looks the part. Way to go Stad!

Berly said...

How great for Chad. I still can't believe what he is doing, but I know he is doing a great job. WAY TO GO CHAD!!

Carrie said...

I am glad you remembered to get a picture! I am sure chad is very thankful that you helped him count the books. what a job. hope it was agood first day for him too.

Emma Jo said...

You guys are so cute...I love adorable first day outfits and hooray for new jobs!!..pass along to Chad that Ms. Peschl would be proud!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

that is so exciting, way to be proud of your hubby! thanks for the behind the scenes glimpse, too:)