Saturday, September 06, 2008

The Story of a Carwash

Here's What You Need:

Two very dirty cars (think: lovebug season at 60 mph)



One bucket of suds



Sponges, Scrubbers, and Miscellaneous Supplies...



Which supplies include all-too-willing free labor.



Ensure you also have:

A man... A hose...



And a supervisor. Eating snacks.



Here's What You Do:

Scrubbing:

If you wear a purple swimsuit, you probably need to use the coordinating purple sponge.



If you are the supervisor, you prefer not to get your hands sudsy to use the blue sponge.



If you are the color blind man, you will not know or care what color sponge you have, and, not being afraid of soap bubbles, will go to town on the car's exterior.



Sometimes the supervisor needs to wear a helmet.



Sometimes those purple sponges make good missiles to throw at the backs of your fellow laborers.



Sometimes the man holding the hose has the advantage though.





Rinsing:

The supervisor likes to use the hose too. Using two hands for the hose leaves no hands for hitching up swim trunks.



Drying:

Towels are almost not necessary to dry the cars in the heat of the day.



But a roll of paper towels make a fun toy.



The result of this effort:

Two clean and shiny cars.



The supervisor is also good with plants. Maybe another time. Thanks supervisor. Thanks laborers.



The end.

19 comments:

Missionary Mom 09-11 said...

I would bring our cars to your car wash business! What a riot!

Sunnie said...

helmets really are necessary for many things in life. i loved that pic! thanks for watching the kids tonight!

travelingtxmom said...

What a fun place to get the love bugs washed off your car, and with such a fabulous crew of workers. Thanks for the photo story!

1tiredmama said...

How fun! Helping dad wash the car is a favorite around here too!

Lisa said...

HAHA!! This is so great! I'm glad Aubs made sure to match the suit and sponge...a very important detail. And, I love the supervisor with a snack picture. He is getting so big!

allison said...

Hahahahah! This was so great...I loved it...and I actually always wear a helmet when I wash the car...and when I cut the grass...and when I cook...and when I cross the street...

Braden Bell said...

What a fun day! How cool that you caught it all and have it like that to look at in ten years.

Liz said...

If you are wearing a purple swimsuit, you MOST DEFINITELY have to have the purple sponge. That is a critical part. At least it would be if I too were wearing a purple swimsuit.

Hmm, I think the supervisor needs to be retold what his duties are. ;)

Too too cute- thanks for sharing! :)

Grama said...

We could sure use a good car wash! Not really sure if we need that much help. :)

Lindsay said...

That was ADORABLE. It looks like everyone involved did a terrific job under the direction of the supervisor. I'm glad he's such a helper so he can say caught up with that sister of his. So great!

Jana said...

Y'all totally make that look like fun instead of work. I am ready to get started on our cars. I hope the purple swimsuit is optional. Scott doesn't really like purple. We had lots of fun with you guys and dinner was great! Your kiddos are so awesome. Thanks again.

123 checkoutourfamily said...

Yeah, so, sign us up for a car wash. Do the helpers vacuum out your cars too? :) Hm...that gives me a great idea for the service hunt on Wednesday night that the youth are providing.

By the way, you did a great job during sharing time. Wanna be the permanent chorister in Primary? Oh wait, I guess I don't make that call :)

Carrie said...

That was hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. Glad it went well!

The Funky Bunch said...

That's cute. That's a fave pasttime of mine; washing cars in the driveway. It's great fun when it's hot outside! Love the storyline and pics. We need a carwash every time we come back from Salt Lake. WAY too many bugs on the way!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

oh my goodness i love those two! and Had the Dad, too, but he's just not as cute, sorry =) i would love you to wash our cars. think your supervisor knows how to change belts on a car?

Anonymous said...

So, here is what I notice. Where are you? He-he-he. If you didn't do any washing at all I think that is a clever idea. (I'm sure you helped but it looks like you were in charge of picture taking and that was it- you know the real hard job). I think I might try that.

Christy said...

looks like fun for the whole family.

Anonymous said...

That looked like so much fun. It never fails here in Arizona that the day after you wash your car it rains. But the kids look like they had fun.

Anonymous said...

that was too funny!! Do you think your crew could change my left blinker?