I demand a refund!
Yesterday was not my day. It started off well enough, but by the time the day was almost over, I wanted to demand a refund and start over. Or else move to Australia. Trouble followed me wherever I went! Yesterday morning, I botched a financial transaction. This was the start of my day as a bad luck charm. I thought things were looking up when I found that my new glasses were ready. I went to get them. Not sure I love them as much as I did when I first tried them on. Please see poll on sidebar. Afterward I stopped at Gap, where I don't usually shop, but I had a gift card, so I went in to look at some warm clothes for Aubrey (not that we need them any time soon, it's still like 85 and humid as the middle of July). I did not find anything I wanted to buy without Aubs' approval. I decided to leave. As I was pulling out of my parking spot, I looked over my shoulder and BAM! All of a sudden there was a Ford Expedition right behind my Kia, and we had collided. Poor car. Poor us. Of course we were fine, it was just a stupid mistake that could have been avoided, and thus irritating to the max. Barring a couple unfortunate run ins with a mailbox and weed eater as an inexperienced 16 year old, I have never been in an accident before! Dang it! I thought my glasses were supposed to help me see better! I tried this joke out on Chad after I told him I crashed the Kia, and he was not amused. If he read this now, he probably would still not be amused. Fortunately I was able to buy back his love with a peace offering of chocolate cookies that evening. But before that happened, and after my accident, I went to get Aubrey, who was playing at a friend's house. While I was at that friend's house, I was standing idly by as a semi-new bowl and plate fell out of my friend's hands and onto her tile floor where they both shattered into smithereens. I include this, not because it was my fault, but because by then, I felt like a bad luck charm and felt compelled to leave immediately before anyone broke their arm or needed stitches or something.
25 comments:
I am oh so sorry...there is nothing like a rotten day. The silver lining is that hopefully it makes tomorrow seem really awesome!
I hate days like that. SOOOOO sorry. Tomorrow will definately be better.
Ahhh I'm so sorry about your terrible day! That is awful.
Come over and let's chat- call me and tell me when you're free. Then I can see your glasses in person...they are cute! Of course I'm biased since I sport black rimmed glasses myself..but I think they're cute on you!
Way to "Enjoy the Journey Now!" You are following the words of the Prophet. Great job. A qoute I love says, "When life gives you lemons make lemonade." It's no fun to get into a car accident (I know) but time heals all wounds. Even cars.
sorry about the little dent. and sorry you were here to witness the plate accident. it was not your fault. i think it was all the drugs that were in my body from my intense dental work:) and i love the glasses! if i was getting glasses, i would get cute dark rimmed ones too.
There is something going around- these bad days are like the common cold this week. Carrie had a weekend, my Monday was pretty crazy, and now you. I say it's time for bad days to go away.
That picture of Andrew stuck made me laugh so hard I nearly had a little accident. Then to scroll down and see him with the gummy bears, and to read that you let him eat as many as he could was almost too much. Our sons were definitely born on the same day. And that is TOTALLY my reaction to those types of things too. At some point you have to admit defeat and let the 2 year old win.
Thanks for sharing- you made my day. :)
There is a children's book I remember from my childhood called "Alexander and Horrible, Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Day." I think you had one of them. Sorry! And yes, I giggled at the picture of Andrew and don't feel too bad, I would have taken a picture first too! I hope tomorrow is better.
I am laughing out loud at Dandy Andy, how did he get himself on that shelf...and where were the videos that should have been there! I'm sorry about the car, I'm just glad you two were okay. And as I told you, how could The Perfect Child make a fashion faux pas with her new glasses, impossible! Last but certainly not least, how I wish I could have a couple of your stellar cookies!
I am sorry, but that really is hilarious! I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes through a day and feels like more bad things happened to me than good. I have SO many days like that! And that pic of Andrew is HILARIOUS! I couldn't stop laughing...seriously! Poor kid. And you're not bad for taking a pic, he'll LOVE seeing it when he grows up! Great blackmail pics! LoL!
I like the reference to the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day. I hate days like that! Sometimes when it rains, it pours. It's nice when it's good things but it's sure rough when it's a bunch of not so good events.
I think the glasses are great!(can you hear Tony the tiger on the word great?)
I really thought i posted a comment yesterday when I read this blog but apparently not. I'm sorry you had a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day. I appreciate your ability to see the humor in anything. You and Andy sure had quite a day...but you're right, your cookies can make anything better.
Maybe we could get Anders some chocolate covered gummie bears. They'd have to stay in the kitchen but they'd be sure to pack on some pounds :).
I'm sorry to hear about your rough day. The gummy bears are quite hilarious though. And I don't think you van looks to bad. I bet it wont take that much to fix it. You may have just inspired me to make some cookies cause I really want some now!
Kristin- I was going to say the dent was about "mail-box high" but then I reconsidered. It's only a small dent. Every day you get with Aubby, Dandy Andy and Chadwick is a precious gift...the other stuff doesn't matter...but you already know that. I think the glasses look very chic (Sp?) and sophisticated.
dod
hahah, that picture of Andrew IS funny! And dang, I wish I could have one of your chocolate chip cookies right now...I have to study for a midterm that I don't think I'm scared of.
Also...I may be biased too because I also have the black-rimmed glasses, but those are so cute! Especially on you! I'd keep 'em. But you should go with your gut feeling. You won't wear them unless you really like them probably...or else you won't be as happy about wearing them.
Sorry about the car, that's a bummer...there's nothing like that feeling of right after you get into a fender bender.
Love you!
i'm sorry about this! i think one of the worst feelings is when you hear that "Crack" or "bang" and realize you've hit something with the car. i'm only experienced it once (fingers crossed) but i remember the feeling well. (and remember...it was the miller's car...in our OWN DRIVEWAY!) haha, well, just remember to keep smiling. i love you!
p.s. i think those glasses are cute! it's always weird transition to the dark rimmed glasses that are clearly THERE, you know. i want to see more pictures of you in them.
I laughed very loudly at the picture of Sandrew. That is so funny. I like it when people take pictures before untangling their children. Also, I feel better knowing that you smashed the back of your minvan also. Take comfort in the fact that you hit a moving target, and not a stationary object (lightpost) like I did. Oh well, it's just a car. Anyway, I'm glad you can laugh.
im glad you took that picture of andrew. too funny.boys will be boys!! Good choice on the glasses...they look just like mine :) Hopefully tomorrow will be better!!
Sorry about your day. I've btdt. Remember when I backed up into Aaron's car??!?! Not only did I damage the Yukon, but we still have a daily reminder of the damage to Aaron's car :)
Love the glasses. Wanna come with me to pick out my glasses? I'm terrible at doing that - hence my glasses are a good 10+ yrs old (did I just type that "out loud")
Chocolate Chip Cookies - sound yummy!!! I might need to whip some up again :)
wow, sounds adventurous...fender benders stink, i've had one that wasn't entirely my fault and it was a headache to take care of...sounds like the cookies were a nice bandaid:)
I like Lindsay's comment of the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, because that is exactly was I was thinking when I read about your day! You always seem so positive and look at the brighter side of things! I love the picture of Mr. Chipmunk Cheeks also. You glasses look good on you!
I love reading your blog -- you write so well and thanks for having a life that entertains the rest of us! Sorry about your car.
Jim just told me that those kinds of frames are very "California" chic these days. Don't ask me how he knows that. However, if they are good enough for Sarah Palin, they are good enough for you!:)
I'm laughing out loud and crying. I love the DYI magic trick gone wrong. Sorry about your day. You definitely made mine better.
Post a Comment