Somebody pinch me
Aubrey is a good big sister most of the time, she makes my job easy. In fact I want to pinch myself to prove that it's really real, occasionally. This has been especially true within the past month or two, she's become really taken with her little brother. She is so sweet with him. Recently, she's wanted to read him a story before he goes to bed. She is protective of that responsibility and asks me, "does Andrew get a story before he goes to bed?" She gets a story or a chapter of a book before she goes to bed, and it makes me happy that she is lobbying for equal treatment for Andrew. And even more so, that she wants to be the one who reads to him.
You can't see in this video, except the shiny doorknob on the righthand side but it's Aubrey singing to Andrew in the dark of his room before bedtime. Just hearing her little voice singing off key lullabies to her brother brings a smile to my face. She is doing a good thing. And I love her all the more for it.
(Usually, I don't help her choose the songs, but she was out of ideas, so I did this time... My camera died before she was done singing, so you'll just have to imagine the rest).
9 comments:
Aww that's so sweet! That's how Laura and Eyan are- they're sooo close- best friends most of the time. It's been like that since they were about Aubrey and Andrew's age. Yeah, they have their fights, but for the most part, they get along really well. It truly is a treasure. :)
That's so great. It warms my heart. I love siblings :).
She is such a sweet sister! He is a lucky boy!
That is so sweet.
That's my sweet girl! She did the same kind of thing when I called the other morning, when she said "I think Andrew wants to talk to you too. Come here Andrew, say hi to Grandma." I love her.
Oh i love her. They are so sweet. I miss them.
And I am so impressed with her reading abilities. She uses so much expression and rarely stumbles over big words. She is darling with Andrew --- and to think she wanted to name him "Tarantula"!!
Oh my goodness, that sweet little thing. I love that rocking picture.
Now that's darn adorable! So sweet. What a good big sister. Brandon likes to tuck Ash into bed and read her a story. I think it makes them feel so much bigger and they're showing off their reading skills. I think it's great!
Post a Comment