Thursday, February 19, 2009

I know how you feel, girl

It was nice to see my mom for a few hours yesterday. She flew here early from India because my sister in Utah is on bedrest for another month before she has her baby. We took Aubs out of school a little early and hung out at our house during my mom's layover to Utah. That was fun. Barbies. Always playing Barbies. I gotta hand it to my mom, she's a trooper, after that 26 hour flight here, she didn't fall asleep at all during Barbie's wedding (which is more than I can do sometimes... Barbie has only gotten married about 20 gazillion times by now).

While Aubrey and my mom were getting Barbie hitched, I spent my time brushing out the tangles from the Aurora Barbie's hair. A couple years ago, when she was new, she had cute little ringlets in her hair. Now she had dredlocks. She was having a seriously bad hair day. I brushed it out and it was very frizzy and wild, but I braided it and now it is nice and neat. But I couldn't help think about myself while I was brushing Barbie's curly hair. I know how she felt! That frizzy wild hair is something I am all too familiar with these days! I don't know why but I feel like I have been on bad hair year. And face year. I thought I was done with puberty and its accompanying bad hair and acne, but apparently, I've been blessed with a second youth. I guess I'll just do like Barbie, and smile my perma smile and hopefully my hair will go back to its nice, neat, tame state. Someday.

8 comments:

123 checkoutourfamily said...

I don't know what you're talking about. I think you have gorgeous hair and skin. I can understand an occasional bad hair day but I've never seen one on you. Or a bad skin day.

allison said...

I love your hair Kissy...and your face...I'm sure you weren't fishing for a compliment but it's true. I feel like I've had a bad hair year too...so you're not the only one...my last haircut I really liked, but then I was like...I want long hair. Anyways...I really like that picture of Barbie.

Ashley Seil Smith said...

I love your hair, too.

I feel like I've been having a really bad face year also. I think lately it's had to do with not getting any sun. I feel like my pores are just getting bigger and bigger the longer the winter goes on...

Lindsay said...

I love your hair three. I think you look terrific :).

Anonymous said...

I hate my curly hair! I totally feel for ya! And just the other day I was asking myself why I was still getting zits at 26!!!

travelingtxmom said...

I thought I left a comment the other day but apparently it didn't work. I don't think that I've ever seen your hair looking quite at nappy as Aurora's was, and it was majorly entertaining to watch you try to brush out the tangles...and half of her hair. I personally have always loved your curls, but then I haven't had to try to tame them for quite some time either. Love you!

Lisa said...

We have the Aurora barbie, and I'm just waiting for her hair to turn like this... But Heidi just came up to the computer, saw the picture of the crazy-haired Barbie and said, "Who is this beautiful girl?" Kids don't care about hair, whether it's Barbie or real-person hair, so I guess we shouldn't worry about it too much either.

Jana said...

I so understand about the frizzy hair blues. Mine seems more frizzy than ever. I am a member of the acne over 30 club. Michael calls them bobos. Thank you Michael.