Saturday, August 22, 2009

$8 aint too shabby...

I've been on a quest to get good at couponing. I cut the coupons, check the websites and hit the sales and I'm finally getting sort of good at it. It's kind of like a job, in a way-- it takes work! But at last! I've got a hobby that saves us money instead of costs us money.


I went this past week to a grocery store sale, and this is what I got for $8:



4 boxes of cereal, 4 boxes of fruit snacks, that juice, 1 box of mac and cheese, a 1-lb. package of lunch meat, 1 package of Del Monte fruit cups, and 4 packs of gum. I think before the coupons, it was $40. I know there's people out there who could have gotten that stuff for cheaper than $8, but all I could think of when I bought it was, "$8 aint too shabby!"

14 comments:

Lindsay said...

you are a champion and i think that was an amazing deal. thanks for helping me learn the ropes.

Quite Content said...

Great job Kristin!!! I need to take some lessons from you. Fantastic!!!!

Court and Jill said...

Yes...Ain't too shabby!

travelingtxmom said...

Good job! I love it when you can make those coupons work for you!

123 checkoutourfamily said...

Nice! I'm going to have to work at it. I think you got some great deals!

Cindy H said...

Coupons are work and honestly I find that many things generic are still cheaper than name brand with coupon. But I do clip the coupons for stuff that I buy, then give the rest to Kim E! She uses them well.

Anonymous said...

great job! thats awesome! i need to start doing that! I know one lady that does $40 shopping every week...and she gets for $40 that would really cost like nearly $200!!

Missionary Mom 09-11 said...

That's amazing! Usually just two boxes of cereal would be $8.

allison said...

oh my gosh. teach me. i've been trying to coupon but i haven't nearly mastered the art yet. there was a girl in my ward that did an enrichment on it but i missed it! you'll have to tell me what you do.

Lisa said...

Awesome!! I'm too lazy for that. Also, I like the new blog look. It's cute!

Jenn's Mommy Days said...

That is great! Good job!

Grama said...

Great job! Grandpa always laughs at me when I show him the receipt showing how much money I saved on grocery shopping. He is also very pleased when I use the coupons I cut out each Sunday from the paper. So way to go Kristin. Keep up the good work!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

that really is amazing! that would get you two boxes of cereal here, if you're lucky!

Christy said...

I am so jealous of peoples couponing skills... I have none :(