It Snowed. In Texas. In February.

Februrary 28, 2009: It snowed today! That is so weird! And they were big beautiful flakes coming down! Chad and I were thrilled. The kids were in a frenzy.
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5471633681639127186" />
We caught snowflakes on our tongues, we ran around, I think Chad even laid down and tried to make a snow angel out of the lightly dusted ground. It is unusual to have snow in Texas, and even more so to have it in February! Chad couldn't help himself, he kept shouting, "SNOW DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" 
We were giddy with all the excitement! We wondered if they would cancel school! (They didn't). When it got too cold, we came in and had hot chocolate and soup for dinner! What a fun surprise Mother Nature had for us today! 



4 comments:
Hahahah, Chad making a snow angel cracks me up. I loved snow days then, right about now I can wait to see another snow day for several months, it's still chilly here!!!
Hahaha, the idea of Chad making a snow angel made me laugh, too. I didn't know it snowed - that's crazy.
Snow is so magical to kids, and for that reason, I like it. Except when you live in Utah and it keeps snowing through April. That's not so magical.
Glad to your the snow day into your records. I would have loved to have seen Had making snow angels. :)
Post a Comment