Why I Love Rosehill Elementary, or, Where's the Horse Rider Line?
Rosehill Elementary is Aubrey's new school. We're out in the country in this house, and, so is this school. When making the move, we asked Aubrey if she'd like to stay at Kohrville, or move to Rosehill. She thought about a minute or two, and then said, "Ummmmm... well... Rosehill has swings. And I'll get to ride the bus. So I pick Rosehill." It was, you know, just that easy of a decision. And it's been a really good experience. It's a small school, with small classroom sizes-- Aubrey has just 17 in her class-- which makes it possible to do lots of fun activities, which her super nice teacher, Ms. Lane, does frequently. They also have an excellent music program at her school, and last weekend, they had a Valentine's Day program where they sang 7 songs, which I'll post about later.
But here's one more reason I love Rosehill: Yesterday, I was waiting in the car line to pick Aubrey up after school. It's always a short line if you get there early, which I do. I usually park and read a book while I'm waiting. So that's what I did yesterday. When I looked up, there was a man on a horse riding up to the front of the school. He rode up on his pretty chesnut mare, and found his daughter. The daughter climbed up behind him, and they both rode off into the sunset. Or at least, rode off towards home. After I couldn't see them anymore, I went back to my book, but not before deciding that little spectacle was as hilarious as it was awesome. That guy had the right idea. He didn't have to wait in line behind any other horses. And he got to enjoy the nice outdoor weather we've been having. The only thing he didn't get that I did was the book.
6 comments:
I love it! Only in Tomball! Better watch out though, if Aubs sees them she may want to become a "horse rider"!
Awesome. You know, most people in the rest of the country just assume that people in Texas ride horses to school. Awesome.
Sweet!! When are you going to get a horse?
ahahah, that's SO awesome! I would have been laughing too.
HAHAHAH!!! That is so funny. In not so long I'll be joining the ranks of moms picking up their kids from elementary school, but I don't think they'll be any horse lines at Cherry Creek Elementary.
hahaha, that is SO great. That is exactly the reason I need to get out of this dirty city!
Post a Comment