In opposite world maybe...
I don't go to Wal-Mart very often. But in one of my weaker moments, went there to pick up something I needed. Along the way, I found this:
It's not exactly this thing, but it's close. The one we got is called Infinity Bubbles. It's one of those automatic bubble blower thingies, and as I read the top label, "Blows ten thousand bubbles every minute!" I was like, "Yes! I'm going to buy this and we're going to have so much fun! I'm such a fun mom! My kids are going to love me! etc! etc! etc!..." Because, seriously, who doesn't have dreams of dancing in a field of bubbles? I'm just sayin'. So I threw it in the cart and continued on. Well, I got it home and told Andrew he had to wait to start the awesome fun until Aubrey got home, because it would be so totally unfair to have so much fun and see an infinity number of bubbles blowing out of the infinity bubble machine without her. So once she did get home, we busted open the packaging. And that was the first indication I had that this was not going to be as fun as I'd hoped-- because it took about 20 minutes to dislodge infinity bubble blower from its box. Our excitement definitely waned as we waged a war on plastic coated metal twistie ties. We finally got it out and got batteries in it. (6! Six batteries! This thing was going to have some real power behind it!)
Well, when it was all ready to go, and my kids no longer really cared, I roused them with, "hey guys! let's go out and watch these bubbles really go!" We went outside, and turned it on excitedly, waiting expectantly for infinity bubbles to start blowing forth... and waited. And waited and waited. We were like, "did we put enough bubble solution in there?" We put in a little more, and suddenly, one lone bubble started to come out. Then it popped. We were like, "what????" And we waited some more. One or two bubbles managed to come blowing out and fly away. The children had to fight over who was going to pop which one. By this time I said to myself, "This thing says Infinity Bubbles! Where are they???" To my children, "This thing is lame, let's go back inside."
Disappointed, we headed back into the house. I was sure I had read on the packaging when I was still in Wal-Mart, that it blew thousands of bubbles-- that's partly why I bought it, so I looked closer when we went back inside. And this is what I read: "Blows ten thousands bubbles" Read it slowly. Ten. Thousands. Bubbles. Arrrrrrrggggghhhhh! How could I have missed a typo on the outside of the box! In my excitement to buy such a fun toy, I had overlooked an important consideration of caveat emptor: Buyer beware when there are typos displayed prominently on the box. How good can the product inside the box really be if there are obvious mistakes on the outside of the box??? And at any rate, it wasn't blowing ten thousand bubbles or ten thousands bubbles. We would have been glad to see either one. Maybe in opposite world, the bubble blowers produce infinity bubbles, while here, the Infinity bubble blowers produce none. An unfortunate consequence of us living here in reality.
I'm pretty sure by now this wasn't made in the good ole U.S. of A. It seems like the kind of grammar my mom might hear in India. Maybe it was made here, but it really doesn't matter, because in any case, Infinity bubbles has really burst my bubble. I'm so annoyed at myself. My only solace is that in a sudden death bubble blowing duel, to ten thousands bubbles, I would most definitely win.
5 comments:
Sounds like you really had your bubble burst! What a ripoff! Take it back to WalMart.
I say take it back too! We blow more bubbles than that in Nursery every Sunday with the good old "dip the wand in the little bottle of bubble juice and blow." You are still a fun mom!!
Definitely need to take that P.O.J. back to Wallyworld, so disappointing. We saw a really cool bubble blower thing in Sri Lanka, some kind stick with a loop the end that you dip in bubble solution, hold the stick parallel to the ground with the loop hanging down closed, then as you slide the loop open along the stick it creates huge bubbles, 12" or so. When I saw those I thought "the grandkids would love these bubbles!" What is it about bubbles that makes us giddy, even as adults?
There's nothing worse than getting so excited about something and then having such a let down. Sorry about that!
dang...well Evie loves bubbles too so I can imagine their disappointment. It's walmart, and I usually hate walmart so I guess I shouldn't be surprised it didn't work too because I often don't like stuff I buy there but dang, that's a disappointment!
Post a Comment