Friday, May 28, 2010

I feel SO awesome.

Well, I just discovered I spent the entire day wearing THESE shorts:



Can't see what I'm talking about? Here's a better view:



Yes, those are my fingers poking through because there was a six-inch gaping hole in the backside of my shorts!!! I have no idea how it got there or for how long I was displaying my bum for the world to see. But I will say I was running errands for a large portion of the day as well as working at the bookstore. So, the number of potential victims is quite possibly very high. And I wouldn't have known it at all except my friend Anna, at work, let me in on this not-so-tiny detail after I'd already been at work, for approximately 3 hours. And it wasn't a slow day. Of course I had to tear the bum out of my shorts on a day when there were tons of customers.

I am wondering how many people at the bookstore got a little more from me than they bargained for when they asked me for my help, and then followed me to the shelf where their book was. Wow. This sort of thing should not be allowed in a church bookstore.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

HAHAHAHAH!!! Your blogs are always good for a laugh. Elizabeth totally ripped the crotch out of her jeans on her first date with Spencer. That's pretty bad too.

Grama said...

All of this made for a memorable day! Check those shorts from now on!! :)

Ashley Seil Smith said...

hahahahaha! well, at least you had underwear on!

Braden Bell said...

The saddest thing is that your kids are not teenagers so they couldn't be absolutely mortified by this.

Anonymous said...

I love that you can tell and laugh about it. I would have joined a convent.

Anonymous said...

Does that say anything about my insecurities?! :)

allison said...

hahahaha!!! OH my gosh! That's hilarious! That has happened to me before in Khaki pants so maybe it's the fabric. That is so embarrassing but so hilarious. Good thing you were struttin' that Seil booty.

Missionary Mom 09-11 said...

I would have died!! Probably no one noticed and if they did, they probably thought you were just stylish!

Lindsay said...

Butt I can't see the problem :)

Ritchie