Andrew prays
Last night, we were saying prayers, and Andrew wondered where, among his many stuffed friends, his Rudolph (the red-nosed reindeer stuffed animal) was. Because he wasn't anywhere to be seen. I said, "let's pray to help you find it when you say your prayers," and this was what he said,
thank you to help me to find my Rudolph,
thank you for all my animals,
thank you for my mom,
thank you for my dad,
thank you for my Aubrey,
thank you for me.
Shortly thereafter, he found his Rudolph and I told him how much Heavenly Father loves him and heard his prayer and helped him find his Rudolph. He got this happy little smile on his face and sweetly called out, "thank you, dear Heavenly Father!"
There is something so sweet about listening to a spontaneous prayer from a child's lips, knowing how completely honest and sincere he is. I love that he calls his sister, "my Aubrey." I love that he is thankful for himself. Even at almost four, he's still figuring out pronunciation, and so "thank you" sounds like, "Gank you." It's just so sweet. I know he loves his family and he thanks Heavenly Father for us all almost every night.
I love how children are so close to the Spirit. I love that spiritual things are so easy and natural to them. I love how sweet and innocent, and how truly honest they are in their feelings. It was a reaffirmation to me about how strong this generation of kids are. They are different and special. I'm glad I've got two in our family. They strengthen me.
8 comments:
How sweet! Sweet basically just sums up Andrew. Okay, I looked on your side bar and saw that he's asking "why" all the time. We've hit that phase too. I don't mind answering but then after I do..."why?" oh boy!!!
That is so sweet!
From the mouths of babes! He truly knows that he is blessed with a wonderful family! Thank you for sharing this sweet experience.
Sweet Andrew boy. Great post, thanks for sharing.
Sweet, sweet boy. I miss them so much. Wish I could fly down there and see you guys as often as I want. They really are so close to the spirit such sweet little souls.
What a darling boy...I love having those teaching moments provided by the kids themselves. And I loved reading about your birthday and the homemade cake and amazing bed! I am coveting both that cake and bed set right this very moment.
You just mentioned some of the reasons why I LOVE working in the Nursery! I think it is the best kept secret in the church. Andrew is such a special guy!
He is such a sweet boy, I love that little man.
Post a Comment