First Day of School
Well, Aubrey is now 8 and in 3rd grade. Older, wiser, and, might I add, cuter.
Here she is on the first day of school.
Here's the picture she wanted me to take of her:
Here's the shoes she picked out. They are SO Aubrey. 
There is a little bit of trepidation because this is a TAKS test year. But she will be great.
Aubrey has really branched out this year. Being in third grade at Rosehill means you get to try out for clubs. Aubrey tried out for Choir, and Art, and she made both. I have been really proud of her for pushing herself and trying new things that might be hard to do. They meet before school Mon.-Wed., and she has really been enjoying them. She gets to sing and compete with the choir and I love that she comes home and practices at home the songs she's learning. She is a good little singer and it's cute to listen to.
She also tried out for a competition group called Destination Imagination, which is run by the Gifted and Talented program at Rosehill. She tried out for that too, and was nervous, because she tried out for Gifted and Talented last year and didn't make it, but this DI program, she did! We were so excited for her and proud of her! She came home grinning ear to ear and said, "guess whaaaaat?" and pulled out the already opened letter that was addressed "To the Parents of Aubrey Stolle." I guess she knew what it was and couldn't wait the long bus ride to have me open it. Anyway, the practices start this week and I'm still not exactly sure what they do but it has a lot to do with teamwork and creativity, so Aubrey, who is SO right-brained should do just fine.
6 comments:
Hooooraaaay!!! I'm so glad she's taking art classes, she is such an artist! She is just so cute and sweet. I can just picture her being so excited.
I reiterate again, this girl is getting too big. I'm just so proud of her for being brave enough to try out for these extra-curriculars. I'm hoping for a private concert via the webcam sometime. She's just plain great! Thanks for the post.
That is so awesome, look how grown up she looks. It's so strange to think of her in 3rd grade! But I'm one proud Aunt for all the stuff she's getting into. And for picking out those shoes, those are quite stylish. She's lookin' good and you should tell her I said that if she didn't already read this. I love you guys!
Her shoes are my favorite! She's getting so self-confident, and has always been cute as a bug (in my own totally unbiased opinion!!).
All those extra activities are what makes school so much fun! Way to go Aubrey and I love those shoes!
She looks adorable in that denim dress! Heidi tried on several pairs of shoes like that and really wanted some but we couldn't find any that fit just right.
That is great about the clubs! I didn't know about the DI thing. Has she had any choir concerts yet?
Post a Comment