Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Andrew and Chad

A conversation between Andrew and Chad- (as related by Chad)

Andrew: Dad, when I grow up, I'm going to be just like you!
Chad: wow, that's so awesome! What are you going to do when you're a grown up big boy?
Andrew: I'm going to go on a mission!
Chad: what will you do on your mission?
Andrew: talk to people!

Later on, I found them sitting together and Andrew leaned back on his dad, and told me, I'm going to be just like him!

I hope I'm that lucky! This sort of interaction just warms my heart. I love it so much! I so enjoy watching Andrew try to be like his dad. He sure does love him. And I can't think of anyone better I'd rather have Andrew emulate than my beloved.

I love these two boys.

8 comments:

allison said...

So cute! That little Roo, I am sure he WILL grow up to be just as great as his Daddy!

Grama said...

Nothing like a great father son relationship! What better man could Andrew emulate that his great dad, Chad!!

123 checkoutourfamily said...

so cute. Gosh we miss ya'll! We need to get together for a little playtime.

Ashley Seil Smith said...

So so sweet. I love that little man (and that bigger man is pretty awesome, too, hahaha).

Lisa said...

Lucky you! I love kid conversations. It's been awhile since we've talked, sister!

travelingtxmom said...

He's such a great little man! So happy he's got such a terrific dad to lead him, guide him, walk beside him!

Missionary Mom 09-11 said...

I love that little conversation. Remind him of it when he is getting his mission papers in.

Lindsay said...

Oh Anderson.