So far this year...
Here's some highlights from our crazy life:
April:
3- mom came to visit for 6 hours. We watched Conference and played scattergories. One of Aubrey's answers in the game was: Nazi Clubhouse. "Think world war 2," she said. It was hilarious. We want you back mom. 6 hours did not satisfy.
March:
26-27- dad came to visit. He practically chopped off his hand with his chainsaw. I helped him put his belt on and felt like it was a preview of things to come when dad is old and gray and needs help getting dressed. Ha, ha, dad, I love you, stitches and all.
24-26- we went to New Braunfels with our friends the Newmans and the Laters. We went to Sea World and shopping at San Marcos. My sister Lindsay met us at Landa Park with J to play with Aubs and Andrew. We also took Janae to the orthodontist. It was all really fun.
16-19- We were Ma and Pa for our stake's trek. The theme was The Rescue and paralleled the story of the Willie and Martin handcart companies. We were all supposed to choose someone from our ancestry to honor as we walked. I chose to honor Chesterton John Gillman, a member of that company. Trek was a life changing experience and I loved it. I felt rescued in more ways than one and I willnever forget it, or the amazing youth I grew to love like my own in the few days I was their Ma.
2- we went to the rodeo with our friends Jordan and Bri. It was Trace Adkins. We ate BBQ and Aubs and Andrew rode a ferris wheel for the first time, and declared it awesome. The rodeo was great but when Trace Adkins' first song was "Big A** something" we decided to go home.
February:
26- went to mini trek all day which was pretty much a dress rehearsalwhere we learned the best way to load the handcarts, and more information about the trek. It was one of the last meetings we had. We'd been meeting every other week since last October in preparation. At mini trek I realized I really needed an apron for the real trek.
25- went to the fire station with Andrew. He loved it except for when they filled a mini- house with smoke and had the kids escape out of it.
18-22- Chad and I went to Boston for KHS's speech and debate competition at Harvard. We also judged the competitions and had no idea at first what we were doing. It was also freezing cold, -1, and we learned that Boston is not a good place for Mexican food, but a great place for a bowl of clam chowder. We saw some of the Freedom Trail. We rode in cabs with native bostonians who were probably mobsters, and one of which admitted to having been incarcerated. I never was afraid for my life though, luckily. Two boys from Klein won 1st place in the debates, so that was great. While we were galavanting in Boston, Lindsay was watching my children and we love her for that. We couldn't have gone without her help.
19- Aubrey had her DI competition. They worked really hard and did their very best and Aubrey was thrilled when they won 5th place. Andrew went to see trains with his Grandpa that day, and loved it.
The beginning of February was a blur of DI practices every day before and after school.
January-
27th- went to the dr and discovered once again, I am not ovulating and my thyroid is way off. What the heck, body?!
Also, I logged a boatload of hours with my friend doing destination weddings and also several at the bookstore. Aubs has activity days every other Wednesday from 6-7, and piano from 4:30-5:00. Chad tutors every Wednesday from 5:30-6:30. I have mutual from 7-8:30. Aubs gets out of school at 4:00, and so Wednesday is our crazy day, which logistically is very tricky.
Aubrey also has choir before school Monday and Tuesday mornings before school. She used to have art before school Wednesdays but now it's finished. Andrew goes to preschool M, T, W, from 8:40-11:40 at Klein high school. It is not close and every time I drive there and back, I recently calculated it costs me $3.50. Also, I am teaching the Laurels and Chad teaches youth Sunday school, and now it's the Spring so Chad has a million duties because every choir and band
and everybody has activities. So we are busy. I am tired. I feel like I'm juggling 100 balls at a time and it's hard to keep them all in the air. That's why blogging has taken a back seat I guess. I'd live to go in depth about all these things but there's just not enough time in the day.
The good thing is, I have my dearest Chad and my lovely and lively little children and I love them. They are what make my life so wonderful. It is a great thing to be Chad's wife and Aubrey and Andrew's mother, despite the craziness of it all.
8 comments:
I agree, six hours were way too few, and I haven't laughed so hard in a long time as I did playing "Scattergories" with you and Aubs. It's no wonder you're tired, you're living a crazy but wonderful life. Summer's a coming and hopefully that will give you a breather. Thanks again for making that round trip to the airport for me. Love you all!
Busy, busy, busy!!! No wonder we have not heard from you in such a long time. Thanks for the updates even tho' you didn't go into depth with them. Enjoy being busy!!:)
Whoa! That's a whirlwind of a year so far. I laughed at loud that had kids escape out of a pretend burning building that was smoking...I'd be freaked out too! Poor Roo. I feel like we haven't talked in forever, and between the business of both of us neither are to blame but I miss ya Sis! I'll have to call soon and see if I can catch you. Anyways, I'm glad Boston and Trek and everything went so great. You guys are all so great, we sure miss you!
However busy, it all sounds full of lovely wonderful stuff that is fun fun fun. You guys know how to have a good time.
Your list makes me tired! That's a lot of stuff packed into a couple of months. But, when some people don't blog for while, some people need to catch up to make up for it, some people.
Find some time for us to go to the zoo before it gets too hot, which by my calculations is in about 2 weeks.
See ya' Sunday!!
Okay, I feel bad about giving you a hard blogging time. I guess it makes sense with so many things going on you don't have time to blog. I guess...
No wonder we haven't heard from you! Enjoy the hecticness! Thanks for the updates. We love hearing what is up at Paradise South.
XOXO. At first I was resenting the fact that our visit to you didn't show up on this blog and then I realized that it was written before our visit. And then I realized that I hadn't checked your blog in like 6 weeks....you can resent that.
Post a Comment