I like blogging.
I really like blogging actually. But the sad truth is that it's not as high on the priority totem pole as sleep these days. I am finding that when you run long distances, you get pretty tired. Who knew.
Also, my blog has been lacking in pictures. It's a good thing I have pictures because it reminds me of things we did. It might be a cop out to let my camera be the historian, but, hey, it works.
First of all, I would like to say, Yes, Yes, I KNOW you're not supposed to take pictures while in church, but this is where we find Andrew about the last 30 minutes of every sacrament meeting, and figured it was funny enough to warrant a little picture taking. This child never naps and hasn't since he was much littler than he is now... but put him in Sunday clothes in sacrament meeting and it's a recipe for a quick little pre-primary snooze. He even snores. Sometimes we have to jiggle him a little bit so he doesn't sleep as deeply and the people two rows ahead and behind us can not be distracted. This has been going on since at least November. If you're reading this and have given a talk on a Sunday since November and now, please don't be offended. And I apologize for the weird camera angle, it was a phone, and I since I know I shouldn't take pictures in sacrament meeting, we were trying to hide it. 
When Andrew is not sleeping in church, he's really quite busy doing other things, like riding his bike:
Also, I think we need to mention, one of his new favorite pastimes is eating, or so it seems, since he's gained 6 lbs since October. For a child who only weighed 30 lbs at the age of 5, 6 lbs is a big deal. He has jumped from the 1% to the 25%. In another 3 months if he increases at this same rate, we might be in trouble and have a whole new problem on our hands, but for now, we're continuing to stuff his cute little face with all kinds of fattening things. He's so lucky. He's actually quite a little creature of habit and likes the same things to eat, day after day. For the past month now, his lunch of choice is, a Nutella Sandwich cut into the shape of ducks with a cookie cutter, raisins, cheese crackers, and cookie. Very little variation the entire months of January and February. Sometimes he'll go a little crazy and want his sandwich to be in the shape of a baby chick, but mostly, it's ducks. He would prefer eating "gingersnacks" as his cookie of choice but recently has added chocolate chip cookies to his repertoire. And let me just say, on having cookies always in house, it's a good thing I'm running, because, otherwise, I'd probably have gained at least Andrew's 6 lbs and then some.
Also, he either has his hands securely in his pockets, like so, 
or firmly grasped around some electronic device, like so, (it's cut off in this picture, but you know he has one because the screen is reflecting on his face. Just picture in your mind, an ipad, iphone, leapster, or laptop in his hands)
So that's Andrew.
Here's some cool things I have done with my camera. We did this on New Years Eve. You can see what kinds of things are important to our family...
Chad...
Aubs...
Love...
...and Jimmer.
I guess me and Andrew didn't make the cut in 2011.
5 comments:
Hhahah!! I am sorry you didn't make the cut. Very sorry. I love you though. All of those pictures of Andrew are so cute. I love them because they are all about capturing real life.
Fun pictures, even the church one :) Maybe you could just pour a little bacon grease into everything he eats...mmm, bacon grease.
Oh I love it when you have time to blog!!!! I don't even run much but all the walking wears me out, hence my sad neglected blog as well. :)
FINALLY some pictures! And way to go Andrew man! I feel the same way, sleep is more important at times - I get tired so easily now that I have to wake up at like 5:45 or 6:00 am to go running before work. I'm actually getting used to it now - I went to bed at like 9:30 last night and woke up at 6:30 this morning and felt great! It's better that way anyway because I hate night time, unless I'm with family or friends it's just lonely for me.
hahaha, not cool enough I guess???? geez. Andrew is so funny, I love that little (not so little now!) man of yours. I hope we can see you guys at some point this year.
Post a Comment