Tuesday, March 27, 2007

This is Exciting

For a while now, I've been kind of concerned, because Princess hasn't done any freehanded artwork- meaning, she colors pictures, but doesn't draw any of her own. Well, it seems like overnight, Princess has had this artwork explosion. She is really drawing a lot. At first, it surprised me, but I am enjoying the artwork she creates. Here are a few of my favorites:

I don't know if you can see these very well, but these are Princess's first stick figures she's ever drawn, which happened about three weeks ago. On this side of the paper she drew herself, and her brother Baby Brother (the little one on the left.) She has lots of straight hair, and for Baby Brother, she drew one very long hair on the top of his head, which is actually pretty accurate.

This side had me and Coach. I was nervous to see that I was the bigger one in the picture (or at least the one with a bigger head), but Princess assured me it was me because I have lots of curly hair, and Coach had short straight hair. And let's not forget, she made sure all of us have belly buttons. We don't have faces and the drawings aren't very detailed, but I was so excited. She'd never done that before!

This is something she did at preschool. It might be my favorite piece of artwork so far, not just because I love violets. She didn't write the word Violets, but I just love this picture because of all the rays on the sun and the stems with all the leaves.

This is Princess's park. You'll notice a big swing right in the middle, with a teeter totter on the left side and a slide on the right. There's a big sandbox in the back and also she made sure there was one little flower growing in her park (also with many leaves), next to the teeter totter. She also signed her name, Preincess style, at the top. Her signature goes something like this: Y E R B A U


I just love that she's drawing now. All these things make me smile.

6 comments:

Ashley Seil Smith said...

this is so wonderful - you MUST let her take some community art classes or something. lindsay has asked me before if i think art is something innate or something you can develop, and I really think it's a little bit of both. this means you have to get her started early! her stuff is great and i love it. i've always looked forward to future children doing art projects and being able to frame them and put them up in the house, even these beginning ones. i think that's something you should do, and it'll make her feel like she's great as something!

Anonymous said...

I love the violets! Maybe I'll have to have her draw me a picture of mine once it blooms. I already decided today that I want to take a picture of her next to it.

Sunnie said...

i love the pictures. i was laughing about andrew's one long straight hair. it is so funny to see the things they draw. i love it too. i need to scan a bunch into my computer one of these days.

Emma Jo said...

A budding artist!

Liz said...

Beautiful works!

Christy said...

I love it. I would mount and frame the Violets... too cute.