Tuesday, April 29, 2008

You've been holding out on me!

Well, Andrew made his foray into Nursery this past week. I'd like to go on about how bittersweet it was, but let's be honest... nothing could be farther from the truth. I was glad to be able to sit through a full hour of church, two even, without so much as as sippy cup or cup of cheerios to hinder my attention to the lesson. I admit I was a little antsy because through these past 18 months I have gotten well adjusted to leaving in the middle of something and not having to draw out my attention span. But hey, I didn't miss the announcements in Relief Society, and I could actually open my scriptures during the lesson, without fear of having the pages ripped out by curious grabby hands in the process. I could even hold another person's baby to help out. It was nice. And Andrew didn't do half bad either. I actually had taken him in a week early, just for him to have a try-out at nursery, and his reaction was priceless. I took him in the room full of wiggly little children playing with toys and reading books and generally causing mayhem, and he got this huge grin on his face which seemed to translate into "I knew there was a place like this in this buiding somewhere! You guys have been holding out on me!" Toys, kids, snacks, what more could he ask for? He was pretty much in heaven. Then came last Sunday when I had to ditch out on him. Judging by the look on his face then, you would have thought he was in the other place. But the good news is, he never was bad enough that they brought him to me. That counts as success to me. So you better believe he's going back in next week. YES!!

8 comments:

The Funky Bunch said...

You are so lucky! Brandon didn't do too bad when he went in but Ashlee was another story. I think for probably at least a month straight she just cried. And cried the whole time. But I couldn't keep going back and sitting with her because then she'd think that's how it is all the time. And I wanted a break too! But she finally decided it was fun and noticed no one else was crying like her. Thank goodness she's over that!

Carrie said...

aww nursery. I am glad he liked it. thats funny that he thought you guys were holding out on him. glad you could sit through the two hours of church again.

allison said...

alright Andrew! (and you!)

Lisa said...

Hallelujah! I can't wait for this day for Kara...unfortunately, we have five more months of pacing the halls. Hopefully he keeps doing good and liking it more and more!

Lindsay said...

Good Job little man!

Anonymous said...

yay andrew!! he will get used to it after a few weeks and then he will not want to leave!!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

if i was in your ward i would go back to working in nursery. little critters that are related to me are probably the only reason i would go back to nursery.

Liz said...

Glad he's doing well! DonDon whimpers for a few minutes, and sticks to whatever leader he can get to hold him, but after a few minutes he's ok. He LOVES snacktime!