Zoo Day
Hmm, where should we go first?
It's not easy to get 11 kids to all smile and look at the camera at the same time. I love their expressions in these pictures (you might have to open them in a new window to appreciate them the way I do). Near the entrance:
Climbing on the Cobra outside the reptile house...which reminded me of a Challenge they do on Survivor... get everyone's feet on very small area, and balance there...



Anyway... we had a fun day at the zoo this week... Election Day was a holiday for the kids and so we packed them up and headed down to the zoo. This was Andrew's first real zoo experience, so that was fun. I am unashamed to admit I had him on a leash while at the zoo (see above pictures). The leash was a great arrangement, because it gave him freedom, and the feeling of being in control, while really, I was in control the whole time. It would be hard to narrow down what Andrew's favorite part was, because he loves all zoo animals (and we were surprised to find that we actually know most of the zoo animal signs too). The first thing we did was go into the aquarium. Andrew loved the fish, and at one point, he was staring into a tank at a really big fish,and that big fish stopped swimming and stared back at Andrew. I wish I had a picture of it, it was so funny.
Anyway... we had a fun day at the zoo this week... Election Day was a holiday for the kids and so we packed them up and headed down to the zoo. This was Andrew's first real zoo experience, so that was fun. I am unashamed to admit I had him on a leash while at the zoo (see above pictures). The leash was a great arrangement, because it gave him freedom, and the feeling of being in control, while really, I was in control the whole time. It would be hard to narrow down what Andrew's favorite part was, because he loves all zoo animals (and we were surprised to find that we actually know most of the zoo animal signs too). The first thing we did was go into the aquarium. Andrew loved the fish, and at one point, he was staring into a tank at a really big fish,and that big fish stopped swimming and stared back at Andrew. I wish I had a picture of it, it was so funny.
We saw koalas, giraffes, zebras, monkeys, sea lions, parrots, lions, tigers, and bears (oh my).

We also went through a butterfly garden and it was kind of fun to see so many caterpillars in one place. You might not be able to see in this picture, but the girls were impressed at the 8 or 9 caterpillars on that one little branch sticking out.
7 comments:
That little man looks so old. I'm glad you posted about the day. It sounds like it was a lot of fun. Zoos are great.
election day? a holiday? Ive never heard of such a thing!! Looks like great fun! Lots of good picture. Andrew looks so old and content riding that merry go round!!
I love the zoo. Too bad we won't be able to go again until spring...it's too cold. They just built a carousel this year at ours, but it wasn't done when we made our yearly trip. We are looking forward to it next year.
What great pictures! I'm glad you had such a good time.
haha, Aubs' faces in these pictures are priceless. Also, I will admit that I used to make fun of those child leashes, but I have since changed my mind because I see the necessity of them in this sometimes scary world!
especially in such a busy place while trying to keep track of so many kids!
What a fun day! Great post...where have I been the past couple of days because I just read like 4 of yours at once! I think election day should be holiday off of work for everyone. And Andrew looks so big!
Post a Comment