Sunday, June 14, 2009

Chad's Birthday

We also celebrated Chad's 31st birthday, May 4th, the same day my sister Lisa had her third girl, and the day after Chad's mom came home from the hospital. His day was sort of eclipsed by these things, but we made the best of it.

Aubs made the games.

1. Pin the tail on the donkey... (Chad won, but he totally cheated)


2. Find the Purple Fish in the 10# can...

Searching...

Searching...

...And he found it!

Opening presents, always fun... he had plenty of help.

A Doerre Intermediate School bear Aubs and Andrew gave him and were more than happy to "borrow" back.

A love note and piece of chalk from Aubs... I don't know why I loved this present so much, but that piece of chalk... priceless.
A BYU t-shirt he already picked out because he asked for a t-shirt while we were there the same day I was going to buy one for him and surprise him. Oh well.
Planet Earth DVDs. So interesting. We took the cake to his parents' house so they could enjoy celebrating with us, but I didn't get a picture of that because before we could sing Happy Birthday and have Chad blow out the candles, his dad started having some chest pain and Chad drove him to the ER. A very dramatic end to his birthday, to be sure. I think we'll all be glad if his 32nd birthday is a little less exciting.

4 comments:

allison said...

OOOOOkkk...kind of funny story you'll have to pass on to Chad that I keep forgetting to tell you...I wrote Chad's birthday down wrong on my calendar...so when it was like, 2 days past his birthday or whatever, you know, when we called to sing him happy birthday on your cellphone...well, that's why. OOPS! Anyways, the presents look great...and I'm pretty jealous of that piece of chalk...i love it. And the planet earth dvd's are probably so cool...we want to see if they have them at the library or something! love you guys!

travelingtxmom said...

So glad Had's birthday didn't pass by without some recognition. I have to say that the piece of chalk present from Aubs was totally her, that's probably why you liked it so much.

Happy Birthday again Chad!

Lindsay said...

we love had!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the games, Aubrey!! Yeah i hope that his next birthday isbetter, and that everyone is doing ok