Sunday, September 13, 2009

If You Give a Kid Some Candy...

Starring, Andrew boy



If You Give a Kid Some Candy...




He will hold it in his hands until it melts and makes a ginormous mess.



The ginormous mess is something you have to clean up. In the process, it gets on your nice red shirt.



Getting the mess on your clothes means you have to do some laundry to get it out. So, you throw in some laundry.



Doing the laundry reminds you that you have dishes to do too. You go to the sink. You wash some dishes. (With some pint sized help).



All that running water and hard work makes you thirsty. So you get a drink. Pint sized, ginormous mess-making kid wants a drink too. He drinks.

After drinking so much water, kid has to use the potty. We're just sort of potty training, so we run to the potty. We wait. (and wait and wait).




He goes potty. You celebrate!

Celebrating means he gets a sticker and some candy.

So you give your kid some candy...

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, love it. I actually have some of those books, and it makes it even more fun to know what you were doing! Hey, next time we're up in Houston we'll have to stop by!

allison said...

hahahaha, awesome story, i love it. And i love that little man of yours. hope you got it out of that shirt, it's cute!

Christy said...

cute post!

Lindsay said...

lol...good one. way to go on the housework.

123 checkoutourfamily said...

Oh so true...it's such a cycle of messes isn't it? Yay for Andrew going potty.

Ashley Seil Smith said...

Hahhaha, back the truck up. Did you take a picture of Andrew on the toilet!?!? Hahahah, I think I am laughing at that the most. I love that little man.

Braden Bell said...

That was so clever, Kristin. Very funny!

Jenn's Mommy Days said...

Love the post. SO SO CUTE!

travelingtxmom said...

That cute face has me smiling! A fun way to post the little messer!

Lisa said...

HAHAHAH!!!! I find myself thinking out my own version of this story sometimes too. Good thing your kid is so cute! He looks like such a big boy in that last picture. We love him.

cominupdaisies said...

Too funny....and ho SO true!!!

Missionary Mom 09-11 said...

What a cute little guy! I think you should maybe consider candy that isn't chocolate!:)

Slim said...

You are so creative! I guess it helps to have something so darn cute to write about.

Anonymous said...

haha i love it. i think this same process occurs if you give a 27 year old some candy...(ok maybe not the big mess...)

Stephenie said...

So cute!