Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Disney on Ice



We went to Disney on Ice!!! Last time we went to Disney on Ice, Aubrey was four, I think. She was dolled up in Princess attire, and so excited to go she puked in the car on the way there. (fortunately she had on enough lovely princess layers that we just had to take a few off and she was still pretty as a princess) Now, a couple years later, no princess dresses for Aubrey, and instead of puking, she had to go to the bathroom "SO BAD!!!" we were afraid she might have a wholly different kind of accident. Fortunately, that crisis was averted. Her brother and dad got to come along this time too, because it wasn't just Princesses on Ice, it was Disney on Ice, so we got to see Woody, Buzz, and Jessie. But of course, upon the commencement of the show, Andrew became a little overwhelmed I guess. Scared, maybe, to see huge real life looking figures of the characters he loves right below us. Because he spent most of the first half like this:



Chad was thrilled to be there too, I can assure you. The girls (meaning, Me, and Aubrey), really WERE thrilled and watched excitedly through the whole thing. Eventually, we got to the point where everyone was enjoying it, and watching, with both eyes. (so much so they wouldn't really look for a photo as you can see)



During the intermission, we got bored. So we took a few of these:





We really like to do fun things like that as a family, and you have to admit, Disney on Ice is pretty awesome and fun. If you can't go to Disney World, you can at least taste the magic in Disney on Ice. I think the best part about it is watching Aubs and Andrew enjoy it so much. We almost got tickets for Sesame Street Live because Andrew loves Elmo so much, but we decided: one thing at a time. Disney on Ice was so fun, and we just had to enjoy it while we can... in another couple years, we may be done with Princesses and such. So we're going to enjoy it while it lasts.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

How fun! We saw disney on ice with Ash and Nate a year or two ago. The girls loved it too, and it really made me want to go to Disneyland. That makes me laugh that Andrew was a little scared at first, though. He is so cute.

travelingtxmom said...

Glad a good time was had by all - eventually. I love Disney on Ice, and I remember well that first trip of Aubrey's I still have the e-mail with the photos that I sent to you.

allison said...

How fun, I still have never seen that. Someday we will go! Poor Rew being scared, haha. I'm glad to know that you are sharing on the seil sister way of doing stupid pictures with your children.