Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chad's brush with the law...

Chad spent the better half of the previous evening as the passenger in a cop car.

He got up close and personal with the cop on duty.

This cop specializes in picking up DUIs.

I'll just let that sink in for a minute.

Ha! Lest you go doubting Chad's moral fibers (of which he has many) and reporting us to the bishop, I'll let you in on the other part of the story, which is, that he was doing a "ride-along" with his friend who is a police officer, and he was not the DUI passenger. He was not the one in the backseat behind the cage. They did pick up a gal who regrettably was 2x the legal limit. Once less drunkard on the road now, I'm happy to report.

This is just one exciting thing we've done on our trip.

5 comments:

Emma Jo said...

Dangit, I was kind of hoping it had been Chad in trouble so I could say, "Uummmmmm!" like he did when I got sent to the principals office, which is not as cool as jail.
:)

Ashley Seil Smith said...

Hahaha. This sounds like a pretty exciting trip! Dang drunkards, way to clean up the roads, Had.

allison said...

Hey that would be fun! I bet Steven would like that. I'm glad he wasn't the one in the back...I can see him throwin' back a few...

The Funky Bunch said...

Wait a second...I heard he WAS in the back! Hahahaha!! Mike had a blast with him and was glad he was able to go along. I love doing those ride-alongs. It's a whole different thing seeing it from that side!!

Cindy H said...

He could ride with Toby sometime if he really wants to do it again!