Andrew turns three!!!
And it would only be right to have three celebrations for this three year old boy!
Celebration 1 was at Grammie and Grandpa's house. They would not be in town for Andrew's real birthday, so we went over and had presents and cupcakes. (These were hostess cupcakes, so we defintely took the easy route there).
Andrew was tickled to receive a brand new fire engine. He was so taken with it he really did not want to look at me while I took a picture of him...
Oh well, what can you do? At least he turned his face to me... Can you blame him for keeping his eyes on the fire truck? It has lights and sounds and the ladder spins around and there's even a little fire fighter guy. This is quickly becoming a favorite. I love it when he gets new toys that he loves, because then, we can get rid of a bunch of other toys he owns that he never plays with! It is so great!!
Celebration 2 occurred at Andrew's request. When we asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday, he said, "Go park. Want friends." So, that is what we did! We invited a bunch of little boys and girls he enjoys playing with to come to the park with us for a picnic lunch and cupcakes. It has been beautiful here, such lovely fall weather, so it was the most perfect day for playtime at the park. I love the expressions I caught on Andrew's face today.
Some of these pictures were just so funny... Andrew and his friend to each other, like they're saying, "My swing's not working, is yours? How do we get these things to work? I don't know! Do you know???"
Hmmm... it has something to do with my feet maybe???
Here's a fun trivia question... how many three year olds does it take to operate a water fountain at the park?
So later on, we sang Happy Birthday...
And ate some cupcakes...
We passed the afternoon away doing whatever Andrew wanted. Aubrey came home. We played. We watched a movie. We wrapped a present that had come from grandma in India. It came straight from Fisher Price (not India) and inside the box was the gift we were going to wrap and about a zillion packing peanuts. I should have remembered from last year's birthday what fun could be had with a box full of packing peanuts, but I forgot. So, later on in the afternoon, I see this, making the clutter-meter in my brain go haywire....
When we asked Andrew what he wanted to eat for his birthday dinner, it took him a very long time to finally decide on eggs, cinnamon rolls, and syrup. (Just add pancakes, apparently.) However, the aforementioned helpful (and now enterprising) older sister saw a way to snag a Happy Meal out of the deal. I'm not sure what happened after he declared his desire for breakfast for dinner, but shortly thereafter, reneged and became adamant for cheeseburger, fries, and chocolate milk. Oh well. We've had him on the Happy Meal diet for quite some time now, (for the reason being that Cheeseburger Happy Meal=550 calories=over half of Andrew's daily caloric intake if he eats it all), so we were more than happy to oblige that request, even though it may just have been a little bit more his sister's idea than his. And then he got nuggets instead.
We ate cupcakes, again (good for Andrew, not quite so good for me...)
All in all, I think he had a good day. I am glad, because he is such a good boy. We love him so much! I am amazed that my youngest child is three! So weird!
13 comments:
I cant believe he is 3!! He is looking so grown up. What a great birthday for a great little guy!
Great post, Kristin. What a day. What a boy!
such a fun bday! glad we could come! still can't believe he is three. life goes way fast!
I'm glad my favorite grandson had such a fun day! I love those pictures of him at the park, he looks like such a big boy. Grandpa is looking forward to playing Cars on that racetrack with him!
What a great day! And what a cute boy! My daughter turned three last week too. So did a lot of my other friends kids... where were all of we when we were birthing kids the same week three years ago?! :)
What a cute boy on his special day! Loved the packing peanuts story. And cute family pic at the end. We had a great day at the park...Andrew must have ordered a perfect day for his birthday, and it was delivered!
Oh my goodness, those pictures of him at the park i just wanted to squeeze him, what a stud. It sounds like he had a fabulous day! you'll have to do another post telling us how the first day of preschool was! He is too much! I laugh that Aubs conived and got you to go to McDonalds...what are older sisters for huh? I'm sure that NEVER happened at our house (haha).
What a great and busy birthday for a cute three old boy! I am happy that he is excited for pre-school! thanks for sharing all of the wonderful pictures.
The water fountain thing was funny. I'm glad Andrew had a fun birthday and that we could celebrate too! The last picture is really cute.
Three is such a cute age! I loved his little face when he saw the car track! I am glad he got three celebrations!
That's my little man. Is he old enough yet to drive one of those little electric cars?
Dear Old Grandpa
and beneath the man...we can find............
the nucleus.
ahahah...we're watching nacho libre on tv right now and that part came on and i thought about you. love you!
Nate is jealous that Allison was watching Nacho. Maybe we'll have to watch it today.
We are sad we didn't get to actually talk to Andrewman on his birthday. I love that little man so much and I miss you guys.
Post a Comment